How to install a replacement NEC NP1000 projector lamp
End of life warnings
When the NEC NP1000 projector lamp is reaching end of life you’ll see a warning message about replacing the lamp appear on screen. The LAMP INDICATOR on the projector will also start blinking red. You may also see that colors are off and the picture has become faded. When any of this signs show, replace the NEC NP310 projector lamp immediately.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for NEC NP07LP With Housing (Powered by Ushio)
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Lamp for NEC NP07LP with Housing
- NEC NP07LP Replacement Lamp. REPLACEMENT LAMP F/ NP300 NP400 NP500 NP600 NP500W NP610 NP610S PJ-LMP. 210W – 3000 Hour Normal, 4000 Hour ECO
- NEC NP07LP OEM/Philips UHP Original Replacement Lamp
Invest in authentic lamps
The best type of projector lamp for your NEC NP1000 projector is an OEM authentic lamp. You’ll need model NEC NP01LP.
While counterfeits appear of be a bargain they often end up costing more in the long run since they are prone to explosions and have a much shorter lamp life. The other concerns are the lack of proper safety guards for your eyesight and damaging the sensitive electronics in your NEC NP1000 projector.
Changing the projector lamp
Follow these important safety instructions before installing the new NEC NP01LP projector lamp
- turn off the NEC NP1000 projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
- Push and pull to remove the lamp cover.
- Loosen the two screws holding the NEC NP07LP projector lamp in place. (The screws will not come out only loosen.)
- Remove the projector lamp by holding the indent and pulling up. Take care not to knock the bulb against the projector as this may cause it to break.
- Insert a new lamp housing gently pushing until the lamp housing is plugged into the socket. Take care not to touch the actual bulb as your finger prints can leave oil marks that burn black marks onto the bulb.
- Secure it in place with the two screws.
- Be sure to tighten the screws.
- Re-attach the NEC NP1000 lamp cover. Tighten the screw. You are ready to reset the lamp timer
Reset the lamp timer
Once the NEC NP01LP projector lamp has been replaced you’ll need to reset the timer back to zero so the . You want the NEC NP1000 projector to be able to accurately track the projector lamp life. To reset:
- Plug in the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the projector.
- From the MENU select RESET.
- Choose CLEAR LAMP HOURS. A confirmation message appears.
- Select YES.
Extending the projector lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.