When it’s time to replace the Hitachi CP-RX80 projector lamp projector lamp this guide shows you to do it.
Invest in authentic lamps
Your Hitachi CP-RX80 projector uses the Hitachi DT01022 projector lamp. Only an OEM authentic replacement Hitachi CP-RX80 projector lamp will keep your projector working. Look for the seal of approval before purchasing. Learn to spot copycat lamps posing as authentic lamps.
Tracking the projector lamp life
Keep track of projector lamp life so you’ll know when to replace the projector lamp. Watch for these signs that indicated the projector lamp is reaching its end of life:
- The Power and Lamp Indicators will begin blinking.
- Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out.
- Picture has poor color quality.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- DT01022 Hitachi ED-X24 Projector Lamp
- Lutema DT01022-L02 Hitachi CPRX80LAMP Replacement LCD/DLP Projector Lamp (Premium) by Lutema
- Hitachi DT01022 / DT01026 Projector Replacement Lamp
Install the replacement projector lamp
Before installing the replacement Hitachi DT01022 follow these important safety tips:
- Turn off the Hitachi CP-RX80 projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. It should be cool to the touch. This projector works using high heat and there is danger you can be burned.
- NOTE: If the projector is mounted on the ceiling, don’t stand underneath the projector while opening the cover.
- Loosen the screw (marked by arrow) of the lamp cover and then slide the lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the 3 screws (marked by arrow) of the projector lamp, and slowly pick up the lamp by the handles. Be careful not the bang the lamp.
- Insert the new lamp, taking care not to touch the actual bulb. Oil in your fingers will cause a dark spot on the lamp when it heats up.
- Tighten the 3 screws of the Hitachi DT01022 projector lamp that were loosened to remove the old projector lamp.
- Slide the lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the screw of the lamp cover.
- Turn on the projector and set the lamp timer
To reset the projector lamp timer:
Reset the projector lamp time only when you have replaced the lamp so the Hitachi CP-X205 projector can properly track the lamp life. Otherwise you run the risk of using the lamp beyond its lamp life.
- Press the MENU button
- Scroll down to the GO TO ADVANCED MENU option. Press ENTER
- Scroll down to the OPTION menu in the left column and press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME. Press ENTER To make a dialogue field appear
- Scroll up to the RESET option on the dialogue box.
- The lamp setting will be set to zero.
Why avoid buying counterfeits
Despite their bargain prices, counterfeits have a number of major problems:
- shorter life than original lamps
- prone to explosions that can damage your projector
- created with toxic substitute parts that are a health hazard
- usually missing the proper safeguards to protect your eyesight from damage
- no calibrated properly so damage the sensitive optics in your Hitachi CP-RX80 projector
Green your projector
Recycle your lamp housing by only replacing the Hitachi CP-RX80 bulb. Our training video shows you how to do it. It’s easy!