Step 1: Be prepared with an authentic lamp
It may be confusing trying to find the correct Toshiba TDP-D1-US projector lamp for your Toshiba TDP-D1-US projector because there are so many choices on the Internet. Your key for successful replacement lamp is to always install an OEM replacement projector lamp. Look for the seal of approval.
Avoid getting fooled into buying a counterfeit. You get want you pay for and generic, copycat lamps have a number of serious issues that include a shorter life, along with inferior prone to explosions. Copycat manufacturers have used toxic chemicals as substitutes with parts that can’t be calibrated so can damage your projector’s optics as well as your eyesight. Installing a generic lamp also voids your warranty so if your projector is damaged you’ll have to pay for the repairs yourself. For the few dollars saved buying generics, it’s not worth it. They cost you more in the end. Go with authentic.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- TDP-LD1 / TDP-LD2 Projector Replacement Lamp for TOSHIBA TDP-D1 / TDP-D1-US / TDP-D2 / TDP-D2-US
- Toshiba TDPLD1 Projector Brand New High Quality Original Projector Bulb
Step 2: Watch for warning signs
When the Toshiba TDP-D1-US projector lamp is running out of time you’ll notice the picture has poor color quality or may appear dimmer than usual. When the projector lamps reaches the end of life at 1,500 hours, the bulb icon will appear and a message “Replace your lamp” appears.
Step 3: Installing the projector lamp
Follow these important safety tips before changing the projector lamp:
- Switch off the power to the projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- After waiting 30 seconds, disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. The Toshiba TDP-D1-US projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
Loosen the two screws holding the lamp cover in place. and remove the lamp cover.
Loosen the three screws holding the Toshiba TDP-LD1 75016689 projector lamp in place, and pull on the handle to remove the lamp. NOTE: Recycle the burnt out Toshiba TDP-LD1 75016689 properly as these lamps do contain mercury.
Get the new Toshiba TDP-LD1 75016689 replacement lamp ready. Align the orientation, press down until the bottom is reached, and lock in place using the three lamp locking screws.
Replace the lamp cover. You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the replacement projector lamp timer
Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer. Failure to do so may cause the projector to use the lamp over the recommended period of 2000 hours time resulting in the projector lamp exploding.
Extend the life of the Toshiba projector lamp:
- Press the SETTING MENU button to display the menu screen.
- Scroll down the menu options to the Lamp Time
- Press the ENTER button to select zero.
- Click ENTER to exit the MENU.
Learn more tips for extending the projector lamp life in your Toshiba TDP-D1-US projector.