Invest in authentic
Before you replace the Optoma BL-FP230C projector lamp make sure you have the correct lamp. In order to keep your Optoma EP719H projector working at it’s best, look for a OEM authentic Optoma EP719H projector lamp to install.
Look for the seal of approval to be sure you’re getting an authentic projector lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- Optoma BL-FP230C Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb Inside
- BL-FP230C Optoma DX205 Projector Lamp
Why avoid generic lamps?
Generic lamps are easy to come by and appear to be a great deal. But they come with a hidden pricetag that works out to be more money in the long run. Since they are created with toxic materials used as substiutions, these lamps don’t have the proper safeguards to protect your eyesight.
They are also prone to explosions, don’t last as long as authentic and can damage the sensitive optics in your Optoma EP719H projector. Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Replacing the Optoma BL-FP230C projector lamp
Follow these important safety steps before installing a new Optoma BL-FP230C projector lamp:
- The used Optoma BL-FP230C contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Switch off the power to the Optoma EP719H projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
1. Place something soft underneath the Optoma EP719H and then turn the projector onto it’s back. Remove the two screws holding the cover in place.
2. Push the projector lamp cover up to remove.
3. Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the projector lamp module in place. Slowly put out the old lamp by grabbing the edge of the lamp. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.
4. Place the new BL-FP230C lamp into the Optoma EP719H projector. Tighten the two screws on the projector lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
NOTE: The Optoma BL-FP230C projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamptimer
The Optoma EP749 projector has an automatic lamp reset timer that tracks the life of the lamp and triggers the lamp replacement warning. You need to reset the timer each time the projector lamp is replaced.
- Press the Menu option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll over the Lamp Setting. Press enter.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Enter
- The Execute/Cancel command line will appear.
- Scroll over to choose Execute. Press Enter.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
How to extend the life of the Optoma BL-FP230C
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Optoma EP719H projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life