Don’t panic when it comes time to replace your Canon LV-X4 projector lamp. Our step-by-step guide will help you get the job done.
Be ready with the right lamp
Your Canon LV-X4 projector uses the Canon LV-LP21 (9923A001). In order to keep your projector working at its best you should always invest in an authentic Canon LV-X4 projector lamp. Look for the seal of approval. While generics do have a lower price tag, in the end they cost you more money due to:
- shoddy workmanship making them susceptible to explosions
- shorter lamp life
- health and safety since there are no safety guards to protect your eyesight
- carcinogenic, toxic substitutes pose a health
- putting a generic into your Canon LV-X4 voids your warranty and any tech support.
Simplify your life and buy an authentic projector lamp. Still not sure about generics? Learn the 7 ways to avoid them.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- Canon LV LP21 – projector lamp ( 9923A001 )
- eWorldlamp LV-LP21 CANON Projector Replacement Lamp with housing for CANON LV-X4 LV-X4E LVX4E
End of lamp life warnings
When the Canon LV-LP21 projector lamp has reached its end of life the LAMP REPLACE on the projector will light yellow. Replace the lamp immediately when you see this.
Other warning signs may be a dim picture, color that appears washed and an image that is fading.
Replace the Canon LV-LP21 projector lamp
Before changing the projector lamp:
- Let the Canon LV-X4 cool down for at least 45 minutes. This projector operates at an extremely high temperature and you could get badly burned if it’s still hot. Don’t rush it.
- Be sure to unplug the electrical cord so there is no chance the projector could get turned on during the installation. This could damage your projector.
- Loosen the two screws holding the projector lamp cover in place. Place the cover aside.
- Loosen the two screws and pull out the Canon LV-LP21 (9923A001) lamp assembly by using the built in handle.
- NOTE: The used LV-LP21 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
- Replace the lamp assembly with a new Canon LV-LP21. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave black marks on the lamp.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Put back the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
- Connect the AC power cord to the Canon LV-LP21 (9923A001) and turn on the projector to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer counter
After replacing the Canon LV-LP21 (9923A001) projector lamp, you’ll need to turn off the LAMP REPLACE indicator by resetting the LAMP REPLACE COUNTER. The counter tracks the number of hours the lamp the Canon LV-X4 projector has been used and triggers the warning light when the lamp is reaching its end of life. Not resetting it after may stop your projector from turning back on.
- Turn the projector on and press the MENU.
- The On-Screen menu will be displayed on the left.
- Using the arrow buttons, mover the red frame pointer to the SETTING menu icon.
- Press the up/docwn buttons, move to the LAMP COUNTER option.
- Press OK to open up as the RESET LAMP COUNTER box.
- Click on the SET option to open a confirmation window.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” is displayed.
- Click on YES.
- Press OK.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- Learn how to prolong lamp life. Top tips for extending projector lamp life.
Go green, save money
If you would like to save some money try replacing only the Canon LV-LP21 (9923A001) bare lamp rather than the entire lamp unit. You recycle the plastic cage and reduce waste. Watch our training video.