Watch for the signs that time to replace the Epson EMP-280 projector lamp
- Dark image
- Image that has deteriorated
- Lamp warning message appears on screen
- Lamp light flashes orange
- Lamp light turns red and stays on
- Check Lamp Usage
It’s critical to install a genuine Epson ELPLP42 rather than a compatible generic lamps. Although lower in price initially, generic, knock-off lamps end up costing much more in the long run. They have a long list of associated problems including:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Be sure the purchase an authentic Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp for your Epson EMP-280 projector. Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy authentic from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Read more about the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson – ELPLP42 Replacement Projector Lamp for PowerLite 822+/822p/83+/83c V13H010L42 (DMi EA
- EPSON EMP-400WE Replacement Projector Lamp ELPLP42 / V13H010L42
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Projector Lamp for Epson ELPLP42 With Housing
- ePharos ELPLP42 / V13H010L42 replacement projector lamp compatible bulb with generic housing for Epson EB-140W; EMP-280; EMP-400; EMP-400W; EMP-400WE; EMP-410W; EMP-822 EMP-822H; EMP-83; EMP-83C; EMP83H; EMP-83HE
- Genuine ALTM ELPLP42 Lamp & Housing for EPSON Projectors – 180 Day Warranty!!
Installing the Epson ELPLP42
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Turn off power switch on the back of the Epson EMP-280 projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the Epson EMP-280 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson EMP-280 projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
2. Slide the Epson EMP-280 projector lamp cover off.
3. Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP42 lamp in place.
4. Grab the Epson ELPLP42 lamp by the two indents on the lamp. Gently remove the lamp.
Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP41 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
5. Gently insert the Epson ELPLP42 lamp making sure it’s facing the right way.
6. Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP42 lamp.
7. Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson EMP-280 projector lamp cover.
8. Reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer on the Epson EMP-280 projector
Reset the Epson EMP-280 projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP42 lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to replace the lamp.
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP42 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP42 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-280 projector projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life