Your Epson Cinema 550 projector uses the Epson ELPLP35 projector lamp. Be sure to invest in a Epson Cinema 550 projector lamp.
Step 1: Know when to replace
- The projector’s warning light flashes red at half-second intervals.
- A warning message REPLACE THE LAMP appears on the screen when you start projecting.
- The image begins to look strange or the colors are poor.
Replace the Epson ELPLP35 projector lamp immediately when you see any of these signs.
Step 2: Purchasing the correct projector lamp
When buying over the Internet, avoid buying the knock off lamps that are sold as bargain prices. These lamps can cause irreversible damage to your Epson Cinema 550 projector. Why avoid generics? Here are 6 good reasons:
- generic have a much shorter life
- generic lamps are created with substitute components that are a health hazard
- knock off lamps are prone to explosions
- copycat lamps are not calibrated properly so can damage the sensitive electronics
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Epson Cinema 550 projector will become void.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- EPSON V13H010L35 ELPLP35 – Projector lamp – for EMP TW520, TW600, TW620, TW680, PowerLite Home Cinema 400, Pro Cinema 800
- ELP-LP35 Epson Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with Genuine Original Osram P-VIP Bulb inside.
- Replacement projector / TV lamp ELPLP35 / V13H010L35 for Epson CINEMA 550 / EMP TW520 / EMP TW600 / EMP TW620 / EMP TW680 PROJECTORs / TVs
Step 3: Installing the Epson Cinema 550 projector lamp
Get ready before installing the new Epson ELPLP35 projector lamp with these preparation steps:
- press the power button and wait for the light to stop flashing.
- turn off the power switch at the back on the projector
- unplug any power cords.
- let the Epson Cinema 550 projector cool for one full hour since it operates under very high temperatures. You don’t want to burn yourself!
Press the latches holding the Epson Cinema 550 projector lamp cover in place. Gently lift off the cover and place it to one side.
Using the screw driver provided, loosen the two screws keeping the Epson ELPLP35 (V13H010L3) projector lamp in place enough so the lamp can lift out.
Grab the handle of the Epson ELPLP35 (V13H010L3) projector lamp and pull it straight up.
Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: Don’t throw the Epson ELPLP35 (V13H010L3) projector lamp into regular garbage! Your old projector lamp must be properly recycled.
Line up the new Epson ELPLP35 projector lamp and slide it into Epson Cinema 550 projector. Avoid touching the actual glass bulb since the oil on your finger can cause black spots on the projector lamp when it heats up.
Once in place, tighten to screws on either side of the Epson ELPLP35 (V13H010L3) projector lamp.
Replace the Epson Epson Cinema 550 lamp cover making sure it’s clicked into place. Otherwise, the projector will not turn on. You are now ready to reset the Lamp Usage Timer.
Resetting the Projector Lamp Usage Timer
It’s important to reset the Lamp Usage Timer so the Epson Cinema 550 projector will know when it’s time for a new Epson ELPLP39 projector lamp.
- Press the MENU button on the projector or remote control.
- Navigate to the RESET menu. Select Reset Lamp Hours option.
- Press SELECT.
- A confirmations screen will pop up on the screen. Highlight YES and the SELECT to reset the hour.
- Press the MENU button to exit.
NOTE: The projector lamp usage times shows 0H until you’ve used the lamp for at least 10 hours.
Get more life from your Epson Cinema 550 projector lamp:
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP35 projector lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson Cinema 550 projector and let it stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.