STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO POA-LMP56 LAMP REPLACEMENT
Wondering when to replacement your projector lamp on your Sanyo PLC-XU46 projector? Your projector lamp has between 1,000 to 3,000 hours and when it has reached end of life the Lamp Replacement light on the Sanyo PLC-XU46 will blink yellow.
Invest in an authentic SANYO POA-LMP56 (service parts no 610 305 88016) and avoid the temptation to buy a cheaper priced lamp. These bargain lamps are usually counterfeit lamps and use inferior parts that can damage your projector. They may end up costing you more in the long run. Authentic lamps have been manufactured with reliable parts that work with the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XU46 projector. These authentic lamps come with a guarantee and won’t make your projector’s warranty invalid.
Looking for a less expensive option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the SANYO POA-LMP56 (service parts no 610 305 88016) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
REPLACING THE SANYO POA-LMP56 LAMP ASSEMBLY
1. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.Allow the Sanyo PLC-XU46 projector to cool to the touch. This can take between 45 to 60 minutes. Don’t open the projector when its still hot since these machines operate under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
2. Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU46 to access the Lamp cover on the bottom of the projector. Using a Phillips screw driver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place it to one side.
3. Inside you’ll find the SANYO POA-LMP56 (610 305 88016) lamp cage. Loosen all 3 screws holding the lamp in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
4. Take the new SANYO POA-LMP56 (service parts no 610 305 88016) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the lamp surface as oil from your fingers can cause black spots to appear when the projector is turned on. Gently maneuver the lamp into place. Don’t force the lamp as this may damage it.
5. Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the SANYO POA-LMP56 (61030588016)6 Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XU46 projector will not turn on. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU46. If the lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the lamp hour using the Lamp Control mode found on the Setting menu.
NOTE: Your old SANYO POA-LMP56 (service parts no 610 305 88016) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
RESETTING THE SANYO PLC-XU46 LAMP CONTROL MODE
You’ll need to reset the Lamp Control Mode so the Lamp Notification system will have the same timeline as the newly installed SANYO POA-LMP56 (service parts no 610 305 88016) lamp.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU46 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- TheSanyo PLC-XE33 projector has a Lamp control that allows you to change the brightness of the screen and extend the life of your lamp. Normal Mode: Normal brightness. Eco Mode: Lowers the brightness and reduces the lamp power consumption thereby extending the lamp life.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
EXTENDING THE LIFE OF THE SANYO POA-LMP56 LAMP
Make your newly installed SANYO POA-LMP56 (service parts no 610 305 88016) last longer:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XU46 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Clean the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the SANYO POA-LMP56 (service parts no 610 305 88016) by preventing the Sanyo PLC-XU46 from overheating.