Follow this handy step-by-step manual for a quick and easy installation of the Epson EMP-61p projector lamp!
NOTE: These instructions can also be used with the Epson EMP-61 projector.
The Epson EMP-61p projector lamp life will vary according to how much the projector is used. If the Epson EMP-61p projector’s Brightness Mode is set to low, you can expect up to 3000 hours. If the Epson EMP-61p projector’s Brightness Mode is set to high the lamp will last up to 2000 hours. The replacement warnings will be triggered at 2000 hours.
Watch for the warning signs that the Epson ELPLP30 is approaching end of life and needs to be replaced:
- the lamp light on the Epson EMP-61p begins to flashing orange red.
- the picture gets darker and continues to deteriorate
- the message “Replace the Lamp” appears on screen when the projector is turned on.
When you see any of these signs, get prepared to change the Epson ELPLP30 lamp.
Have the right lamp ready
Replace the Epson ELPLP30 lamp with a guaranteed authentic lamp. Look for the seal of approval to verify your Epson ELPLP30 lamp is authentic and buy from an authorized manufacturer.
You get what you pay for so if the price of the lamp seems like an incredible bargain, chances are it’s counterfeit. These counterfeit lamps are often advertised as “generic” and claim to be compatible with your Epson EMP-61p. They have in fact been created using inferior parts that damage the inside of your Epson EMP-61p projector. Generic lamps also come with a health risk; since copycat manufacturers can’t get the proper materials they often using highly toxic substitutes.
Buying a knock-off lamp will also void your warranty and should anything happen to the projector you will not be covered. Go with an authentic Epson ELPLP30 — it’s worth the few extra dollars to save yourself problems.
Installing the Epson ELPLP30
Before opening up the Epson EMP-61p to install the Epson ELPLP30 lamp, follow these steps:
- press the off power button twice to power down the projector.
- after you hear two beeps, unplug the power cord.
- give the projector one full hour to cool. The Epson EMP-61p operates on high heat and you will burn yourself if the projector has not cooled down.
Using the screwdriver provided, loosen the screw holding the Epson EMP-61p lamp cover in place.
Once the lamp cover screw has been loosened, slide the cover off the Epson EMP-61p projector. Place it to one side of safe keeping.
Using the screw driver provided, loosen both screws holding the Epson ELPLP30 screws in place. They will not come out of the lamp altogether.
Grab the handle on the Epson ELPLP30 and gently pull the lamp up. Pulling too quickly can break the glass bulb. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP30 should not be thrown into regular garbage! Since it contains mercury and should be properly recycled!
Remove the packaging from the new Epson ELPLP30 lamp being sure not to touch the glass bulb. Your fingerprints can leave oil marks on the glass causing black spots to appear on screen when the projector heats up.
Line up the Epson ELPLP30 lamp and gently lower it into the EMP-61p projector.
Line up the lamp cover and slide it back onto the projector. Tighten the screw on the lamp cover. You’re now ready to reset the lamp operating timer.
Resetting the Lamp Operating Timer
The Lamp Operating Timer determines when the Epson ELPLP30 lamp is reaching its 2000 hours end of life. Only reset this option when you have installed a new lamp otherwise you run the risk of using an older lamp past its recommended usage. This can cause the old lamp to explode.
To reset the Lamp Operating Timer:
- Plug the power cord back into the projector
- Press the on button and wait for the projector to warm up.
- Press the MENU button to display the Menu options.
- Scroll down to select RESET menu. Press enter.
- Scroll down and choose RESET LAMP HOURS option
- Press ENTER.
- The reset lamp hour message will show up.
- Select YES
- Press ENTER.
- Lamp hours will be set to zero.
Extending the Epson ELPLP30 lamp life
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP30 lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- To avoid overhearing the projector and causing the lamp to explode, keep the air filters clean.
- Let the Epson EMP-61p rest for at least one hour per day.
- Using it only our to five hours per day will give the lamp a longer life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted. Overheating can cause lamp failure.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.