Your guide for replacing the Viewsonic PJD6241 projector lamp.
Note: Viewsonic recommends you contact a service rep before changing the Viewsonic PJD6241 projector lamp.
End of life warning signs:
- Power LED lamp light flashes bright blue
- Lamp LED becomes bright red.
- A warning message will also flash onscreen.
- Authentic lamps are critical!
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Viewsonic RLC-049 Projector Cage Assembly with Hig
- ViewSonic RLC-049 – Projector lamp – 230 Watt – 2500 hour(s) (standard mode) / 6000 hour(s) (economic mode) – for ViewSonic PJD6241, PJD6381, PJD6531W
- ViewSonic Projector Lamp Part RLC-049-ER RLC-049 Model ViewSonic PJD 6241 PJD 6381 PJD 6531W
Before replacing the Viewsonic RLC-049 projector follow these crucial safety tips to prevent injury to yourself or the projector:
- NEVER change the lamp unless the Viewsonic PJD6241 projector is cool to the touch as it operates under high temperatures and you can burn yourself quite badly.
- Switch off the power to the Viewsonic PJD6381 projector.
- Disconnect the power cord.
1. Use a screwdriver to undo the screw holding the Viewsonic RLC-049 lamp cover in place. Remove the lamp cover, being careful not to lose the screws.
2. Slide the lid — slowly — off the projector. and place to one side. Don’t lose the lid because the Viewsonic PJD6241 projector will not turn back if the lamp cover hasn’t been installed properly.
3. Remove the two screws holding the Viewsonic RLC-049 lamp in place.
Note: The used Viewsonic RLC-049 lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
4. Grab the Viewsonic RLC-049 lamp by it’s side edges and slowly lift the lamp put of the projector. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break.
Reset the Lamp Replacement Timer
The Viewsonic PJD6381 projector has an automatic lamp timer that tracks the numbers of hours left in the lamp. Each time you install a new lamp, you’ll need to to reset the lamp timer to know how many hours are left and when to change the bulb.
To reset the Lamp Replacement Timer:
- Turn on the projector.
- Using the remote press MENU
- Scroll to the main menu
- Select Settings
- Scroll down to Lamp Hours
- Press the arrow button to move to the right,
- Select YES.
- Press MENU to exit.
Your Viewsonic PJD6241 is a sophisticated piece of technology with sensitive optics stored inside it’s main operating system. It doesn’t make sense to buy a cheap, reproduction lamp that is inferior to authentic OEM lamps. These Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) lamps are created using the proper materials and with the proper fittings. Look for the seal of approval that lets you know you are buying an authentic projector lamp.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Learn how to spot the copycat lamps posing as authentic lamps.
Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.
- Remove the new Viewsonic RLC-049 from its packaging.
- Taking care not to touch the actual bulb, lift up the handle on the new lamp and insert it gently into the Viewsonic PJD6241 projector.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws. Reset the lamp timer.