Go with authentic
Prolong the life of your ASK Proxima DP-9290 and save money by installing an original ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) projector lamp. Generic lamps look like a great bargain but these knock-off lamps are created with inferior materials making them susceptible to explosions when installed and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. They also have a shorter life span and can damage the precise components in your ASK Proxima DP-9290 projector.
Buying authentic guarantees a projector lamp created with genuine, non-hazardous materials by the original manufacturer. These lamps come with money-back guarantee and warranty covering. It’s worth the few extra dollars to eliminate potential problems and have a lamp built to work properly with your ASK Proxima DP-9290 sensitive mechanisms. Learn more about spotting dangerous projector lamps by reading our article: 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
Installing the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 lamp
- Wait until the ASK Proxima DP-9290 is cool to the touch before installing the new lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the ASK Proxima DP-9290 projector has not fully cooled before changing the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp.
- The lamp cover for the ASK Proxima DP-9290 projector is located at the back of the projector. Turn the projector around and loosen the two screws holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp cage. Loosen both screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Taking the new ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp assembly by the handle place it into the slot. Avoid touching the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers can burn a black spot on the lenses or you can accidentally break the bulb. Don’t force the lamp into place — it should slide into the slot easily.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the ASK Proxima DP-9290 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the ASK Proxima DP-9290 projector. If the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the Lamp Replace Counter by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Your old ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
Resetting the Lamp Replace Counter
Be sure to replace the Lamp Replace Counter whenever you change the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp. Failure to do will mean the lamp life is not being probably recorded
- Press the MENU button to get the ON-SCREEN menu to appear.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to scroll down to the SETTING MENU icon. Press SELECT.
- Press POINT DOWN button to move to “Lamp counter reset.” Press SELECT.
- The confirmation dialog button appears. Select YES to reset the Lamp Replace Count