STEP 1: Buying the correct lamp
It’s important to install a genuine ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp. Avoid generic knock-offs. Even though they are cheaper in price, avoid buying generic knock-offs or lamps advertised as “compatible.” These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. Using a counterfeit generic lamp will void any warranty for your ASK Proxima DP-9270 projector.
Be sure to buy from an authorized seller of projector lamps to guarantee getting a lamp that will work properly with the key components in your projector while giving you the sharpest and brightest picture. Knock-off lamps lack both the proper components and workmanship. Go with an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp. Learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp.
STEP 2: Replacing the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 lamp
Important: Allow the projector to cool for at least one hour before changing the lamp. Failure to do so may result in a BURN.
1. The lamp cover will be found at the back of the ASK Proxima DP-9270projector. Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp cover in place. Remove and place to one side.
2. Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) Lamp Assembly in place.
3. Grab onto the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868) lamp handle and pull the lamp from the projector. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury.
4. Place the new ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 610 293 5868) lamp into the socket being careful not to touch the bare lamp (this can form black spots on the bulb that will ruin the projected image).
5. Tighten the two screws holding the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 Lamp Assembly in place.
6. Put the ASK Proxima DP-9270 projector cover back in place and tighten the two screws.
7. Put the power cord back into the projector and turn it on.
You are now ready to Reset the Lamp Replace Counter.
STEP 3: Lamp Replace Counter
Be sure to replace the Lamp Replace Counter whenever you change the ASK Proxima LAMP-032 (POA-LMP38 service parts no 610 293 5868)lamp. Failure to do will mean the lamp life is not being probably recorded
- Press the MENU button to get the ON-SCREEN menu to appear.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to scroll down to the SETTING MENU icon. Press SELECT.
- Press POINT DOWN button to move to “Lamp counter reset.” Press SELECT.
- The confirmation dialog button appears. Select YES to reset the Lamp Replace Counter.