Replace the Hitachi CP X807 projector lamp
Watch for these signs when the Hitachi CP X807 projector lamp is reaching end of life:
- Both the Hitachi CP X807 Power and Lamp Indicators are flashing red while the Temp Indicator is turned off.
- Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out.
- Picture has poor color quality.
The Hitachi CP X807 uses the Hitachi DT00871. Only an OEM authentic replacement projector lamp will keep your Hitachi CP X807 projector working. Look for the seal of approval before purchasing. Learn to spot copycat lamps posing as authentic lamps. Keep track of projector lamp life so you’ll know when to replace the projector lamp. Avoid generics because they have a shorter life than originals as well as being prone to explosions and created with toxic substitute parts. They can damage the sensitive optics in your Hitachi CP X807 projector and as well as hurt your eyesight.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized distributors:
- Hitachi DT00871 CP-X615 Projector Lamp
- Hitachi DT00871 Replacement Lamp – 275 W Projector Lamp – UHB – 3000 Hour Whisper Mode, 2000 Hour Normal – CPX807LAMP
Install the Hitachi projector lamp
Safety steps before installing the Hitachi DT00871
- Turn off the Hitachi CP X807 projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. It should be cool to the touch. This projector works using high heat and there is danger you can be burned.
- NOTE: If the projector is mounted on the ceiling, don’t stand underneath the projector while opening the cover.
- Prepare the new Hitachi CP X807 projector lamp. If the projector is mounted on a ceiling, or if the lamp has broken, contact your dealer for assistance.
- Loosen the screw (marked by arrow) of the lamp cover and then slide the lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the 3 screws (marked by arrow) of the Hitachi DT00871 projector lamp, and slowly pick up the lamp by the handles. Be careful not the bang the lamp. The Hitachi DT00871 projector lamp contains mercury and must be recycled properly. Do not throw it in regular garbage.
- Insert the new lamp, and retighten firmly the 3 screws of the lamp that are loosened in the previous process to lock it in place.
- Slide the lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the screw of the lamp cover.
To reset the projector lamp timer:
Note: Reset the projector lamp time only when you have replaced the lamp so the Hitachi CP X807 projector can properly track the lamp life. Otherwise you run the risk of using the lamp beyond its life.
- Press the MENU button
- Scroll down to the GO TO ADVANCED MENU option. Press ENTER
- Scroll down to the OPTION menu in the left column and press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME. Press ENTER To make a dialogue field appear
- Scroll up to the RESET option on the dialogue box.
- The lamp setting will be set to zero.
Learn more tips to extend the life of the Hitachi CP X807 projector lamp.