The first thing to do is buy an OEM replacement NEC NP62 projector lamp. Your NEC NP62 projector uses the projector lamp. Avoid the cheaper generic lamps with their shorter lamp life and toxic materials. They are prone to explosions and often damage the sensitive electronics in your NEC NP62 projector.
Note: These instructions can also be used with the NEC NP61 projector
When to replace
It’s time to replace the NEC NP62 projector when the following signs appear:
- After your lamp has been operating for 2500hours (up to 3500 hours in ECO mode) the LAMP indicator will blink red.
- The message: THE LAMP HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS USABLE LIFE. PLEASE REPLACE THE LAMP will appear.
- colour looks off
- picture is faint or has deteriorated
Find the lamp sold on Amazon by these certified sellers:
- eWorldlamp NP09LP 60002444 high quality Projector Lamp Bulb with housing Replacement for NEC NP61 NP62 NP63 NP64
- SpArc Platinum for NEC NP62 Projector Lamp (Original Philips Bulb)
- NP09LP Projector Replacement Lamp for NEC NP61 / NP61+ / NP61G / NP62 / NP62+ / NP62G / NP63 / NP63+ / NP63G / NP64 / NP64+ / NP64G / NP61S
- NEC NP62+ Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- NEC NP62 replacement projector lamp bulb with housing – High quality replacement lamp
Changing the NEC NP62 projector lamp
NOTE: You must change the cooling pump when you change the projector lamp
Follow these important safety instructions before installing the new NEC NP09L projector lamp
- turn off the NEC NP62 projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Place the projector on a soft cloth and turn it over to access the lamp cover on the bottom.
Loosen the screw holding the lamp cover in place. The screw is freewheeling so will not come out of the cover.
Loosen the two screws holding the NEC NP09L projector lamp in place. These screws are also freewheeling so will not come out of the lamp. Lift up the wire handle and use it to gently plug the lamp out of the projector.
NOTE: Your NEC NP09L projector lamp projector lamp should be properly recycled because it contains mercury.
If after removing the lamp the black packing ring is stuck inside the projector manually remove it from the
Insert the new lamp taking care to line it up properly making sure it clicks into the socket. Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
Reattach the lamp cover and tighten the screw to hold it in place.
You must also replace the cooling pump!
Replacing the cooling pump
Loosen the screw holding the cooling pump into place. This is also a freewheeling screw that will not come out.
Remove the cooling pump cover. Inside the projector, small contact area of the connector should be kept clean of dust or debris. Clean it manually is there is anything blocking the area.
Align the tabs on the cooling pump cover with the guide on the inside of the projector cabinet.
Tighten the screw on the cooling pump. You can now reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
Once the NEC NP09L projector lamp has been replace you need to reset the lamp timer for the NEC NP62 projector since you want it to accurately track the lamp life.
Clear usage hours and reset hours
- Plug in the power cored into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the projector.
- From the MENU select RESET.
- Choose CLEAR LAMP HOURS.
- A confirmation message appears.
- Select YES.
Learn more tips to extend the life of the NEC NP62 projector lamp.