It takes less than 10 minutes to replace the projector lamp in the Epson EMP-TW2000. Just follow our step-by-step guide.
When to replace
Lamp life for the Epson EMP-TW2000 projector will vary according to how much the projector is used and whether regular maintenance is done. On average, the Epson ELPLP39 lamp has 1600 hours of usage before it reaches end of life. before it reachesvaries according to how much the projector is used. Be sure to replace the lamp as soon as any of the warning signs start showing:
- the lamp warning on the projector started to blink red and continues blinking
- the picture gets darker and continues to deteriorate
- the message “Replace the lamp” appears on screen when the projector is turned on.
Finding the correct lamp
Look for the seal of approval to verify your Epson ELPLP39 lamp is authentic and being sold by an authorized manufacturer. These manufacturer’s offer technical support as well as a money back guarantee. These are also the lamps Epson recommends and the ones that will keep your warranty valid.
Why avoid generic lamps that are sols at discount prices? These lamps are not the bargain they seem. They are created using inferior parts that damage the inside of your Epson EMP-TW2000 projector. Generic lamps also come with a health risk; since copycat manufacturers can’t get the proper materials they often using highly toxic substitutes such as Krypton-85.
Buying a knock-off lamp will also void your warranty and should anything happen to the projector you will not be covered. Go with an authentic Epson ELPLP39 — it’s worth the few extra dollars to save yourself problems.
How to install the replacement Epson ELPLP39
Follow these preparation steps before changing the Epson EMP-TW2000 projector lamp:
- give the projector one full hour to cool. The Epson EMP-TW700 operates on high heat and you will burn yourself the projector has not cooled down.
- press the power button and wait for the light to stop flashing.
- turn off the power switch at the back on the projector
- unplug any power cords to cables to prevent the projector from accidentally being turned on.
Gently press on the EMP-TW2000 lamp cover. Slide is away from the projector and then lift up to remove.
Using the screw driver provided, locate the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP39 lamp in place. Loosen both screws (they will not come out of the lamp altogether).
Grab the handle on the Epson ELPLP39 and gently pull the lamp up. Pulling too quickly can break the glass bulb. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle the Epson ELPLP39 lamp. Since it contains mercury it CAN’T be thrown into regular garbage! Your authorized manufacturer will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost.
Remove the packaging from the new Epson ELPLP39 lamp being sure not to touch the glass bulb. Your fingerprints can leave oil marks on the glass causing black spots to appear on screen when the projector heats up.
Line up the Epson ELPLP39 lamp and gently lower it into the EMP-T2000 projector.
Line up the EMP-TW2000 cover hinges with the projector and place the lamp cover into them. Slide the lamp cover back down and click it into place. You’re noew ready to reset the lamp operating timer.
Resetting the Lamp Operating Timer
The Lamp Operating Timer determines when the Epson ELPLP39 lamp is reaching its 1600 hours end of life. Only reset this option when you have installed a new lamp otherwise you run the risk of using an older lamp past its recommended usage. This can cause the old lamp to explode.
To reset the Lamp Operating Timer:
- Plug the power cord back into the projector
- Press the on button and wait for the projector to warm up.
- Press the MENU button to display the CONFIGURATION MENU.
- Scroll down to select RESET menu.
- Scroll down and choose RESET LAMP HOURS option
- Press ENTER.
- The reset lamp hour message will show up.
- Select YES
- Press ENTER.
- Lamp hours will be set to zero.
Extending the Epson ELPLP39 lamp life
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP39 lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- To avoid overhearing the projector and causing the lamp to explode, keep the air filters clean.
- Let the Epson EMP-TW2000 rest for at least one hour per day.
- Using it only our to five hours per day will give the lamp a longer life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted. Overheating can cause lamp failure.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.