Learn how to replace the Smartboard 600i projector lamp
If the projector turns off and goes into Standby mode then it’s time to replace the Smartboard 600i projector lamp. Another sign that the Smartboard 600i projector lamp has reached end of life is when the image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
Go with authentic
An authentic projector lamp makes all the difference in keeping your Smartboard 600i projector working. If the price is too good to true, then you should avoid the lamp. Bargain basement prices mean problems down the road. Scroll down to learn more.
Find this lamp on Amazon from these authorized dealers:
- SpArc Bronze SmartBoard 50030764 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Lutema 50030764-l02 SmartBoard Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp
Changing the Smartboard projector lamp
Your Smartboard 600i projector uses the SmartBoard 50030764 projector lamp.
Important Safety tips BEFORE replacing the projector lamp:
Wear protective eyewear while changing the lamp.
Turn off the power switch and disconnect the power cord and all connected cables to the Smartboard 600i projector.
This projector operates under high temperature and there is a burn risk so be sure to wait at least one hour minutes for the projector’s housing to completely cool.
Using the top handle of the SmartBoard 50030764 hold it vertically and guide in into the Smartboard SB680i3 projector body. Gently press the power end of the lamp module against the projector to ensure the power plug makes contact with the projector’s power receptacle.
Tighten the lamp screws. Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screws. You are ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
- Turn on the projector.
- Access the service menu.
- Activate the projector’s alert e-mails and lamp warnings if they’ve been deactivated.
- Using the remote control, press Down, Up, Up, Left, Up to access the Service Menu.
- Scroll down to the LAMP HOUR REST option. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the EXIT option and press ENTER to exit the service menu.
- Do not reset the lamp timer unless you have changed the lamp.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- shorter lamp life
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- no guarantee or refunds offered.