Replacing the BenQ CP120 projector lamp is simple when you follow these steps.
Step 1: Know when to replace
Your BenQCP120 projector will give you plenty of warning when the end of life for the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 is approaching. On the projector itself, you’ll notice the Lamp Indicator will light red. The following warning messages will also appear on screen:
First warning: The BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp has been in operation for 1800 hours. You can continue to use the BenQ CP120 projector until the 1950
hour lamp warning appears.
Second Warning: The BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp has been in operation equivalent to 1950 hours. You should replace the lamp immediately.
Third Warning: TheBenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp has reached end of life since it’s been in operation for 2000 hours. Change the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp immediately to avoid having the projector shut down.
Final Warning: The BenQ CP120 projector will power down because the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp has reached end of life. Replace the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp immediately.
Step 2: Buy authentic
The Internet has been flooded with companies selling projector lamps.
Many advertised their lamps as “generic and compatible” — a euphemism for a knock-off, copycat technology that produces an inferior and dangerous product. Don’t believe the cheap prices you see as there are hidden costs to installing generic lamps.
You get what you pay for and in the case of generic lamps it’s usually a long list of problems. Generic lamps look like a great bargain but these knock-off lamps are created with inferior materials making them susceptible to explosions when installed and they can damage the sensitive components in your BenQ CP120 projector. They’ve created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85 (which is carcinogenic to humans). “Compatible” lamps also have a shorter life span so can actually cost more money in the long run.
Buying authentic guarantees a projector lamp created with genuine, non-hazardous materials by the original manufacturer. These lamps come with money-back guarantee and keeps your warranty entact. It’s worth the few extra dollars to eliminate potential problems and have a lamp built to work properly with your BenQ CP120 sensitive mechanisms. Learn more about spotting dangerous projector lamps by reading our article: 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
Buy an authentic BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 projector lamp for your BenQ CP120. Save yourself unnecessary headaches. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Step 3: Install the new BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp
Before changing the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- The lamp cover is found on the top of the projector. Gently turn over the projector, placing it on a soft surface to protect the front of the projector.
- Loosen the screw holding the BenQ CP120 lamp cover in place.
- Remove the BenQ CP120 lamp cover and place it to one side.
- Loosen the screw on the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp. If the screw is not loosened completely, the lamp cannot be removed. It’s highly recommended that you use a magnetic=head screwdriver so you don’t lose the screw!
- Click the wire handle up and use it to pull the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp out of the projector. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- NOTE: The BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
- Lower the new BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 into the BenQ CP120 projector. Make sure the lamp has clicked into place and that the wire handle is laying flat.
- Re-install the lid back onto the BenQ CP120 projector.
- Tighten the screw on the lamp cover
- You are now ready to reset the total lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp has been replaced. Resetting the lamp timer without changing the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp can severely damage your BenQ CP120 projector.
- Press and hold the BLANK /Up arrow button on the projector for 5 seconds to display the total used lamp time.
- Press the AUTO (or AUTO/CH.) button to reset the lamp hour to “0”.
- Wait about 5 seconds to let the OSD disappear.
- Do not reset if the lamp is not new or replaced as this could cause damage.
Extending the life of the BenQ CS.5JJ0V.001 lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ CP120 and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life