When it’s time to replace the Epson EH-TW3600 projector lamp you’ll notice the lamp replacement light begins blinking red. A replacement warning message will also appear on screen. When the lamp turns from red to orange, it’s time to replace the Epson ELPLP49 lamp. Replace the lamp immediately. Don’t wait!
Find this authentic lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson ELPLP49 Replacement Lamp – 200W UHE – 4000 Hour V13H010L49
- Guaranteed for One Year! Epson ELPLP49, V13H010L49 Premium Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp with Housing
- Epson Projector Lamp Part ELPLP49-ER V13H010L49 Model Epson HC6100 EH TW2800
- Epson ELP-LP49 Projector Assembly with 200 Watt UHE Osram Projector Bulb
- ePharos ELPLP49 / V13H010L49 Replacement Lamp with Housing for Epson Projectors
Why buy authentic lamps?
When it’s time to change your Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp, it’s important to buy only a genuine lamp to replace the old lamp. The price of counterfeit knock-off lamps may be tempting but can cost you more money in the long run. Counterfeit lamps are not manufactured according to Epson’s specifications and have a number of serious problems including:
- generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps
- compatible are created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- knock off lamps are prone to explosions
- generic lamps damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Installing a new Epson lamp
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
- Allow the Epson EH-TW3600 to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. The lamp cover for the Epson EH-TW 3600 is found on top of the projector. Take the screwdriver that came with the projector and put it into opening on the lamp cover to release the cover switch. Remove the lamp cover.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of Epson ELPLP49 lamp. Place the screws to either side.
3. Pull the lamp out using the top handle. Be sure to pull it out straight. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP49 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4, Take the new Epson ELPLP49 lamp by the handle and gently put it into place making sure the lamp is facing in the right direction.
5. Replace the Epson ELPLP49 screws on the newly installed lamp.
6. Re-connect the lamp cover. Tighten the screws on the cord and turn on the Epson EH-TW3600 projector.
7. Re-attach the power cord. Turn the projector on and let it warm up.
8. Reset the Lamp Operating time.
Step 3: Reset the Epson EH-TW3600 Lamp Timer
Reset the Epson EH-TW3600 Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP49 lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the Epson EH-TW3600 projector on.
- Press MENU to display the configuration menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset option.
- Press Enter to enter the Reset Menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset Lamp Hours option.
- Press Enter.
- When the Reset Lamp Hour option has been chosen the Reset Lamp Hours message will appear.
- Use the cursor to move to the YES option.
- Press Enter to reset the lamp hours to zero.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP49 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP49 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EH-TW3600 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life