You can expect up to 4000 hours from the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 projector lamp before it needs replacing. needs to be replaced. Lamp life will vary depending on usage and whether regular maintenance is done. (Keeping the filters clean will prevent the projector from overheating and get the lamp to last longer).
As the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 reaches its end of life you’ll see a Lamp Warning message on screen and the Lamp Indicator on the actual projector will light up red.
OEM projector lamps are important
It can be confusing finding the correct BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 projector lamp for your BenQ projector. There are hundreds of website selling projector lamps but most of there lamps are knock-off generic lamps that you should avoid at all costs.
Generic “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain–however generic knock-off lamps are actually not that great a bargain.These are NOT authentic lamps and should be avoided for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds – you’re on your own to get a refund from the company when you buy from a reseller
The few dollars you save with generic “compatible” lamps is not worth it in the long run. Save yourself unnecessary headaches — buy and install a genuine BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 projector lamp from a recognized OEM manufacturer.
Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp and go with an authentic BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 lamp.
The BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 projector lamp is compatible with the following projectors:
Scroll down and click on the links for step-by-step instructions on replacing the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 projector lamp in your specific BenQ projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 projector lamp for the BenQ MP623 projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 projector lamp for the BenQ MP624 projector.
An eco-friendly option
If you’re interested in saving some money and recycling, then try replacing just the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 bare bulb and re-using the plastic lamp cage. We have put together a step-by-step training video showing you just how easier it is to do.
Extending the life of the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ CP120 and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life