Step 1: Finding the correct ASK LAMP-026
When it’s time to replace the ASK LAMP-026 for your ASK C100/C90 projector, you’ll see the ALARM button on the projector light up red. A warning message will also appear on screen.
Go with authentic
Buy an ASK Proxima LAMP-026 from an authorized dealer and get the best lamp for your ASK C100/C90 projector. Beware of cheaper knock-off lamps that will damage the sensitive mechanisms in your ASK C100/C90 projector. These counterfeit “compatible” lamps are often sold at discounted prices and may appear to be a good deal. They actually have a much shorter life span and may be prone to exploding due to their inferior materials and worksmanship. Lacking the correct materials, copy-cat manufacturers are also using cancer-causing materials, such as Krypton 85, to get the same results as the OEM manufactured lamps.
Protect your health and keep your projector warranty valid — install an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-026 . You’ll be protected should there be any problems.
STEP 2: Replacing the ASK LAMP-026 projector lamp
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the ASK C100/C90 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough.
- The ASK C100/C90 Lamp Cover is found under the projector. Gently turn it over and loosen the 3 screws holding the lamp in place.
- Grab the handle on the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 lamp cage and gently lift out the lamp. Place to one side.
Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury — send it to a local recycling program where it can be disposed of properly.
- Take the new ASK LAMP-026 lamp. Avoid touching the bare bulb since the oil on your finger can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image. Place it into the projector.
- Tighten the three screws on the new ASK Proxima LAMP-026 lamp.
- Be sure to clean the filter.
- You are ready to reset the Lamptimer.
STEP 3: Resetting the Lamptimer
It’s important to reset the Lamptimer after replacing the ASK LAMP-026 in the ASK C100/C90 projector in order that the lamp life be accurately tracked and recorded. Failure to do so may result in the lamp being used longer than it’s lamp life.
To reset the Lamptimer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Reset lamptimer option. Press ENTER.
- The lamptimer icon will appear to show you have reset the timer.