- The LAMP REPLACEMENT indicator on the projector lights yellow
- Images appear dark
- Images have unnatural color
- Warning message about the lamp life appear on the screen.
If any of these signs appear replace the ASK LAMP-019, (POA-LMP21J service parts no 610 280 6939) immediately.
Replace the ASK LAMP-019 in 3 easy steps by following our step-by-step guide.
Go with authentic
While knock-off “compatible” lamps may seem like a bargain they may actually end up costing you more in the long run. These lamps have been created with inferior materials and are prone to explosions. Copy-cat manufacturers are using carcinogenic substances in order to achieve the same effects as OEM manufacturers. Read more about the dangers of knock-off lamps.
Don’t take chances with knockoff lamps. Invest in an authentic ASK LAMP-019, (POA-LMP21J service parts no 610 280 6939) created with the proper materials by manufacturers who take pride in their products. These authentic lamps are manufactured to work in harmony with your ASK Proxima UltraLight LX2 projector. Should you have any problems with the ASK LAMP-019, you’re guaranteed a refund as well as technical support.
Skip the hassles and health hazards by buying an authentic OEM ASK LAMP-019, (POA-LMP21J service parts no 610 280 6939). It’s worth the peace of mind.
Replacing the ASK LAMP-019 lamp
- The lamp cover is found on the bottom of the ASK Proxima UltraLight LS2. Loosen the screw to remove the lid.
- Remove the 2 screws holding the ASK LAMP-019, (POA-LMP21J service parts no 610 280 6939) lamp in place.
- Don’t throw the used ASK LAMP-019 lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury. The lamp should be properly recycled.
- Grab the lamp handle and pull the ASK LAMP-019 lamp from the projector.
- Put the new ASK LAMP-019, (POA-LMP21J service parts no 610 280 6939) lamp into the projector. Avoid touching the glass bulb as the oil from your fingers can cause a black spot.
- Make sure the ASK LAMP-019 lamp is set into the projector properly.
- Tighten the 2 screws.
- Replace the lid and tighten the screw.
- Reset the lamp counter.
Reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer
After replacing the lamp be sure to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer so your projector can accurately track the number of hours left on your new lamp.
To reset the timer:
Press the MENU button so the ON-SCREEN MENU will appear.
Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to reach the SETTING option.
Press the SELECT button to open the SETTING MENU.
Move down to the LAMP AGE option. Press the SELECT button to display the “Lamp replace monitor reset?” option.
Select YES. The timer is now reset.
Prolong the life of your newly installed ASK LAMP-019, (POA-LMP21J service parts no 610 280 6939) by regularly cleaning the air filters and letting the projector to cool down before turning it off.