Be sure to buy your replacement ASK Proxima LAMP-014 from an authentic source. Avoid knock-off “compatible” lamps as these lamps have been created with inferior materials and are prone to explosions. Many copy-cat manufacturers are also using toxic substances such as Krypton-85 in order to get the same results as the original lamps.
Using a counterfeit generic lamp will void any warranty for your ASK Proxima DP-9250 projector. A generic lamp will offer poor illumination and can damage the sensitive components in your projector. Learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp so you can avoid purchasing them. Buy authentic. Protect your health and your projector
Installing the ASK Proxima LAMP-014 projector lamp
- Disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool for one hour before replacing the lamp. The ASK Proxima DP-9250 operates under high heat and can cause burns.
- The lamp lid for the ASK Proxima DP-9250 is found on the bottom of the projector.
- Turn the projector on its side and remove the screw holding the lamp lid in place.
- Unscrew the two screws holding the ASK Proxima LAMP-014 in place.
- Gently grab the lamp holder and pull out the AASK Proxima LAMP-014. Be sure to dispose of the used ASK Proxima LAMP-014 lamp through a local recycling program.
Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Inset the new ASK Proxima LAMP-014 lamp all the way into the ASK Proxima DP-9250 projector.
- Tighten the two screws that hold the ASK Proxima LAMP-014 lamp in place.
- Replace the lamp lid and tighten the screw holding the lamp lid in place.
- You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
STEP THREE: Resetting the lamp timer
In order for the ASK Proxima DP-9250 to correctly track the lamp life of your newly installed ASK Proxima LAMP-014 lamp, you’ll need to reset the timer.
- Press the MENU button to display the MAIN MENU option.
- Scroll across the top menu to the SETTING menu. Another pull down menu will appear.
- Press the POINT DOWN arrow.
- Move down to select the LAMP AGE open. Press SELECT.
- A second confirmation message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” will be displayed.
- Select YES. A second dialogue message appear OK?
- Move the arrow to the YES.
- Press the SELECT button.
- The lamp replace monitor has now been reset.
Extend the life of the ASK Proxima LAMP-014:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the ASK Proxima DP-9250 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.