Follow these three easy steps to install a new Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) in your Sanyo PLC-SL15 projector.
STEP ONE: Purchase the correct projector lamp
Protect your investment and prolong the life of your Sanyo PLC-SL15 projector by investing in an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) lamp. The cheaper knock-offs lamps may look like a great deal but these generic lamps are created with inferior materials. The few extra dollars you save will not be worth the trouble when these lamps explode, burn out quickly, void your warranty and damage the precise components in your Sanyo PLC-SL15 projector. Protect yourself by educating yourself about counterfeit lamps by reading 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
STEP TWO: Install the new Sanyo POA-LMP53 lamp
- The Sanyo PLC-SL15 projector should be cool to the touch before changing the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) There is a danger of being burned if you open up the projector while it is still hot. Allow 45 minutes for the inside of the projector to cool.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-XT15 is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn projector over and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) lamp cage. Loosen the three screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury — send it to a local recycling program where it can be disposed of properly.
- Taking the new Sanyo POA-LMP53 (610 303 5826) lamp assembly by the handle place it into the slot. Don’t force the lamp in and avoid touching the actual bulb since your fingerprint may leave a mark on the bulb that will become a black spot on the lamp when it heats up.
- Gently slide the lamp into place and tighten all three screws on the Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (610 303 5826) lamp assembly.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SL15 projector If the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service parts no 610 303 5826) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the Lamp Replace Counter by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Your old POA-LMP53 (service parts no 610-303- 5826) lamp always should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
STEP THREE: Reset the Sanyo PLC-SL15 Lamp Replace Counter
The Lamp Replace Counter always needs to be reset after installing a new projector lamp so it can track the age of your lamp and turn the Lamp Replace indicator on when the end of life for the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service parts no 610-303- 5826) is approaching.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU. Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear).
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
Extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service parts no 610-303- 5826) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SL15 off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service parts no 610-303- 5826) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SL15 projector from overheating.