Replace your Sanyo PLC-XT15 projector lamp in 3 easy steps.
If the picture on your Sanyo PLC-XT15 projector is dim or looks unnatural the Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 610 301 7167) is reaching its end of life. You may also notice the Replace Lamp Indicator light on the front panel is yellow. Replace the Sanyo POA-LMP48 in the Sanyo PLC-XT15 projector easily following the step-by-step below.
The lifespan of your Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 610 301 7167) lamp will vary depending on how much the projector is used and if the filters are cleaned regularly.
Looking for a less expensive option? Are you technically adept? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 610 301 7167) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing
STEP ONE: Purchasing the correct projector lamp
The best thing you can do to prolong the life of your Sanyo PLC-XT15 and save money is to invest in an original Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 6103017167) projector lamp. Generic lamps look like a great bargain since they are generally cheaper, however, these knock-off lamps are created with inferior materials. They are susceptible to explosions, have a shorter life span and can damage the precise components in your Sanyo PLC-XT15 projector. Installing a knock-off generic lamp also voids your warranty. Learn more about spotting dangerous projector lamps by reading our article: 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
Looking for a less expensive option? Are you technically adept? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 610 301 7167) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
STEP TWO: Installing the new Sanyo POA-LMP48 (6103017167) lamp
- Allow the Sanyo PLC-XT15 projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the projector is not fully cooled before changing the Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 610 301 7167) lamp.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-XT15 is at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn projector over and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 610-301-7167) lamp cage. Loosen both screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Taking the new Sanyo POA-LMP48 lamp assembly by the handle place it into the slot. Avoid touching the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers can burn a black spot on the lenses or you can accidentally break the bulb. Don’t force the lamp into place — it should slide into the slot easily.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 6103017167) lamp assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XT15 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XT15 projector If the Sanyo POA-LMP48 lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 610-301-7167) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
STEP THREE: Reset the Sanyo PLC-XT15 Lamp Replace Counter
The Lamp Replacement Counter for the Sanyo PLC-XT15 will track the correct age of your newly installed lamp and trigger the Lamp Replace Indicator. Failure to reset the counter may result in the projector not tracking the end of life for the Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 6103017167) and letting the projector inadvertently use the lamp past its normal life cycle. Your Sanyo PLC-XT15 may stop working suddenly if the Lamp Replace Counter has not been properly set.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU. Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear).
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
Extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP48 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 610 301 7167) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XT15 off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP48 (service part no 6103017167) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XT15 projector from overheating.