When your Sanyo POA-LMP21j (service parts no 610 290 6939) projector lamp is nearing its end of life you’ll see the Lamp Replace Indicator on the Sanyo PLC-XU22 projector flash red. You will need to replace the lamp immediately. Follow our step-by-step instructions to install the new Sanyo POA-LMP21j (610 290 6939) projector lamp.
Buy your Sanyo POA-LMP21j (service parts no 610 290 6939) from an authorized manufacturer and avoid the lower-prices knock-off lamps. These counterfeit lamps are usually made with counterfeit parts that can damage sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XU22. This can end up costing you more money in the long run. Buying from a legitimate source keeps your projector under warranty and gives you a solid guarantee.
Instructions for replacing the Sanyo PLC-XU22 Projector Lamp
1. Before installing the new Sanyo POA-LMP21j (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamp turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XU22 projector to cool to the touch. This can take between 45 to 60 minutes. Don’t open the projector when its still hot since these machines operate under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
2. The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-XU22 is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
3. Loosen both screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP21j (6102906939) lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
4. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP21j (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb a this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
5. Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP21j (610 290 6939) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XU22 projector will not turn on.
6. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU22 projector. If the Sanyo POA-LMP21j (610 290 6939) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the Lamp Counter Screen by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used Sanyo POA-LMP21j (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
How to reset the Sanyo PLC-XU22 Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your Sanyo POA-LMP21j (service parts no 610 290 6939) you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU22 projector on.
- Press the MENU button to access the ON-SCREEN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to select the SETTING menu.
- Press the SELECT button to open the SETTING MENU option.
- Press the POINT DOWN button so the red-arrow appears.
- Move down to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT to open the next option.
- The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” will be displayed.
- Click on the option YES to reset the timer.
- RESET the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
Extend the life of the SANYO POA-LMP 21 lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP21j (service parts no 610 290 6939) by following these tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XU22 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP21j (service parts no 610 290 6939) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XU22 from overheating.