Step 1: Are you ready for a lamp?
- Go to INFO menu
- Scroll down to LAMP LIFE REMAINING and LAMP HOURS USED.
- The progress indicator shows the percentage of remaining bulb life:
- When the lamp usage reaches 0, the Lamp Life REMAINING starts a count down from 100 hours
- When the count down reaches 0, the projector will turn off and not turn on.
End of life warnings
When the NEC NP500 is reaching end of life you’ll see the following warning on screen message: LAMP HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS USABLE LIFE. PLEASE REPLACE THE LAMP AND FILTER. The LAMP indicator will also blink red. If on screen colours looks off or of the picture is faint or has deteriorated replace the NEC NP500 projector lamp immediately.
Authentic lamps are crucial
Keep your NEC NP500 projector working at its best by installing an OEM authentic projectorlamp. Avoid any generic counterfeits created with substandard toxic materials (including the Krypton-85. These lamps shorter life, are prone to explosions and often damage the sensitive electronics in your NEC NP500 projector. Save yourself the hassle and buy and authentic uses the NEC NP07LP projector lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for NEC NP07LP With Housing (Powered by Ushio)
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Lamp for NEC NP07LP with Housing
- NEC NP07LP Replacement Lamp. REPLACEMENT LAMP F/ NP300 NP400 NP500 NP600 NP500W NP610 NP610S PJ-LMP. 210W – 3000 Hour Normal, 4000 Hour ECO
- NEC NP07LP OEM/Philips UHP Original Replacement Lamp
Changing the NEC NP07LP projector lamp
Follow these important safety instructions before installing the new NEC NP07LP projector lamp
- turn off the NEC NP500 projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Loosen the NEC NP500 projector lamp cover screw.
Push and slide the NEC NP500 projector cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the NEC NP07LP projector lamp in place. (The screws will not come out only loosen.) Remove the projector lamp by holding the indent and pulling up.
NOTE: Your NEC NP07LP projector lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
Install a new lamp housing into the NEC NP500 projector, gently pressing the projector lamp housing into the socket. Take care not to touch the actual bulb as your finger prints can leave oil marks that burn black marks onto the bulb.
Push the top center on the projector lamp to secure it. Tighten the screw on the projector lamp.
Re-attach the NEC NP500 lamp cover by sliding the cover until it snaps into place. Tighten the screw on the lamp cover.
Reset the lamp timer
Once the NEC NP07LP projector lamp and NEC NP500 projector filter have both been replaced you will need to reset the timer for both. You want the projector to be able to accurately track the projector lamp life.
- Plug in the power cored into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the projector.
- From the MENU select RESET.
- Choose CLEAR LAMP HOURS.
- A confirmation message appears.
- Select YES.
Extending the life of the NEC NP500 projector lamp
Get your newly installed NEC NP07LP projector lamp will last longer by choosing the ECO option. The ECO MODE increases projector lamp life by lowering the power consumption. There are three modes to choose from:
- Auto Mode: 4000 hours
- Normal: 5000 hours
- Eco ModeL 8000 hours
Learn more tips to extend the life of the NEC NP07LP lamp.