Authentic lamps are critical!
Your Viewsonic PJD5231 is a sophisticated piece of technology with sensitive optics stored inside it’s main operating system. It doesn’t make sense to buy a cheap, reproduction lamp that is inferior to authentic OEM lamps. These Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) lamps are created using the proper materials and with the proper fittings. Look for the seal of approval that lets you know you are buying an authentic Viewsonic PJD5231 projector lamp.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Find this lamp on Amazon from these authorized dealers:
- RLC-055 Viewsonic Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with Genuine Original Phoenix Bulb Inside.
- Viewsonic RLC-055 Projector Assembly with High Qua
- eWorldlamp VIEWSONIC RLC-055 high quality Projector Lamp Bulb with housing Replacement for VIEWSONIC PJD5122 PJD5152 PJD5352
- Viewsonic PJD5122 Projector Lamp Cage Assembly with Original Bulb Inside
When it’s time to replace the Viewsonic PJD5231 projector, you’ll notice the Power LED lamp light becomes a bright blue and Lamp LED becomes bright red. A series of warning message will start showing on screen.
1st warning: The lamp has been in operation for 3500 hours. Install a new lamp for optimal performance. If the projector is normally run with Economic selected you may continue to operate the projector until the 3950 hour lamp warning appears.
2nd warning: The lamp has been in operation for 3950 hours. A new Viewsonic RLC-055 projector lamp should be installed so the projector doesn’t run out of lamp time.
3rd warning: The lamp has been in operation for 4000 hours. Replace it immediately especially if you notice diminished light and poor picture quality.
Final warning: The Viewsonic RLC-055 projector lamp The lamp MUST be replaced before the projector will operate normally.
Installing the Viewsonic RLC-055 lamp
- NEVER change the lamp unless the Viewsonic PJD5231 projector is cool to the touch. The PJD5231 operates under extremely high temperatures and you can burn yourself quite badly.
- Switch off the power to the Viewsonic PJD5231 projector.
- Disconnect the power cord.
Use a screwdriver to undo the screw holding the lamp cover in place. Remove the lamp cover, being careful not to lose the screws.
Slide the lid — slowly — off the projector. and place to one side. Don’t lose the lid because the Viewsonic PJD5231 projector will not turn back if the lamp cover hasn’t been installed properly.
Remove the two screws holding the Viewsonic RLC-049 lamp in place.
Note: The used Viewsonic RLC-049 lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
Pull out the lamp connector from a slot in the lamp compartment. Disconnect it
Grab the Viewsonic RLC-055 projector lamp by the wire handle and slowly pull it out of the projector. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break.
Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.
Insert the new lamp into the lamp compartment and make sure it fits in the projector. Reconnect the lamp connector and place it back into its slot to be flush with the projector
- Taking care not to touch the actual bulb, lift up the handle on the new lamp and insert it gently into the Viewsonic PJD5231 projector.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws. Reset the lamp timer.
Reset the Lamp Replacement Timer
The Viewsonic PJD5231 projector has an automatic lamp timer that tracks the numbers of hours left in the lamp. Each time you install a new lamp, you’ll need to to reset the lamp timer to know how many hours are left and when to change the bulb.
To reset the Lamp Replacement Timer:
- After the startup logo, open the On-Screen Display (OSD) menu.
- Go to the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced Lamp Settings menu.
- Press MODE/ENTER to display the Lamp Settings page.
- Press to highlight Reset option.
- Press MODE/ENTER.
- A warning message is displayed asking if you want to reset the lamp timer.
- Highlight the Reset option
- The lamp time will be reset to ‘0’.
Extend the life of the Viewsonic RLC-055 projector lamp by setting the Viewsonic PJD5231 to Eco Mode. This lowers the brightness of the projector and makes the lamp last longer. Read about other tips for extending the lamp life in your Viewsonic PJD5231.