This guide shows how to replace the Acer 7763P projector lamp
When to replace
When it’s time to replace the Acer 7763P projector lamp warning messages will be play on screen. Be sure to purchase an authentic lamp.
Other signs of end of life include a faded picture or distorted colours on screen. The power lamp will also begin flashing amber. Replace the projector lamp immediately.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- 60.J1610.001 Acer 7763PH Projector Lamp
- eWorldlamp ACER Projector Orignal Lamp with replacment housing for ACER 7763H 7763PH
- 60.J1610.001 Acer 7763PA Projector Lamp
The importance of authentic
Counterfeit “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain but actually cost more in the long run. The few dollars you save with counterfeit “compatible” lamps are not worth it in the long run. Save yourself unnecessary headaches — buy an Acer 60.J1610.001 projector lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Reasons for not buying counterfeit projector lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds when you buy from a reseller.
Replace the Acer 7763P projector lamp
When the Acer 7763P projector lamp is reaching final hours and exceeds the 1500 service hour, the LED light will flash continuous red. Warning message will begin to flash on screen.
First warning: “CHANGE THE LAMP, AND RESET THE LAMP TIMER” will be displayed on the screen if the lamp has been operated for 1200 hours
How to replace the projector lamp
The Acer 7763P uses the Acer 60.J1610.001 projector lamp. Before installation make sure the projector is cool to the touch before replacing the projector lamp. There is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled sufficiently.
Turn the power off on the projector. Unplug it from the power source.
Loosen the screw holding the lamp cover on the projector. Put the lamp cover to one side.
Remove the screw holding the from the Acer 7763P projector lamp. Lift the handle and pull out the lamp.
NOTE: The Acer 60.J1610.00 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp!
Insert the new Acer 60.J1610.00 projector lamp taking care not to touch the glass bulb. Oil from your fingers can burn marks into the lamp.
Tighten the screw on the lamp and replace the lamp cover. You are ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
When you change the Acer 7763P projector lamp you will need to reset the lamp timer so the projector can accurately track the number hours of left.
- Press the Exit button on the projector for 3 seconds or the Exit button on the remote control for 3 seconds and display the total lamp usage time.
- Press the Menu button on the projector or the remote control while the lamp usage time is being displayed, and the lamp hour display will be active and adjustable.
- Select the “Reset” item on the screen using the buttons or on control pad or remote.
Extending the projector lamp life
- Use the Eco Mode for more lamp hours.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Acer 7763P projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life