Don’t run up a bill with a service repair call! Follow this guide to replace the Dell 1209S projector lamp.
End of projector lamp warnings
When the lamp light for the Dell 1209S projector lamp blinks amber, it’s time to replace the projector lamp. The message “Lamp is approaching the end of its useful life in full power operation. Replacement suggested!” will also appear on screen.
Don’t wait too long to change the lamp. Pushing it too far can result in the lamp making a loud popping noise before burning out. “Lamp Defective” will show on screen and remain until a new projector lamp has been installed.
Go with authentic!
The Dell 1209S projector needs an OEM Dell 311-8943 (725-10120) projector lamp to keep working at its optimum best. Avoid generics. Knock-off lamps are not calibrated properly so they can damage the sensitive optics in your Dell 1209S projector. These lamps don’t save you money since they have a much shorter life and present a health hazard and are prone to explosions. Copycat manufacturers also offer no guarantee or refunds. Save yourself hassles and protect your Dell Dell 1209S projector from being damaged, buy Dell 311-8943 projector authentic projector lamps!
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Dell Projector Lamp Part 311-8943 725-10120 Model Dell 1209S 1409X 1609HD
- Dell 311-8943 projector Lamp with High Quality Original Projector Bulb
- Dell Projector Lamp 311-8943
- ePharos 725-10120 / 311-8943 Projector Replacement Original Lamp with Generic Housing for DELL 1209S
Replacing the Dell 1209S projector lamp
Before replacing the Dell 311-8943 projector lamp be sure to turn the projector off and disconnect from the AC plug. Let the projector cool down for at least 30 minutes. It should be cool to the touch. Don’t attempt to change the lamp when the projector is still hot as there is a good chance you can get severely burned.
- Place the Dell 1209S on a soft surface and turn in upside down to access the projector lamp cover. Loose the two screws that hold the projector lamp cover in place.
- Loosen the two screws that secure the projector lamp.
- Pull the projector lamp up by its metal handle. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. NOTE: Don’t throw the Dell 311-8943 projector lamp into regular garbage! Since it contains mercury, this lamp must be properly recycled.
- Install the new Dell 311-8943 projector lamp making sure it is properly aligned into the projector.
- Tighten the two screws that secure the Dell 311-8943 projector lamp.
- Replace the projector lamp cover and tighten the two screws.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the Dell 1209S projector lamp counter
The Dell 1209S projector tracks the life of the Dell 311-8943 projector lamp and will trigger the warning signals when it’s time to replace. Each time you replace the Dell 311-8943 projector lamp you must reset the lamp timer to zero. Failure to do so can result in you using the projector past the optimum lamp life and causing the projector lamp to explode.
- To access the Main Menu press the left or right buttons on your projector’s control panel or remote control.
- Scroll over the the LAMP Menu. Press ENTER to access.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Reset icon. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to choose YES and press ENTER to reset the projector lamp timer.
Tips for extending Dell 1209S projector lamp life:
- From the LAMP Menu, choose ECO MODE: Select On to use the projector at the lower power level of 165 Watts, which makes the Dell 1209S projector operate quieter and with lower light that gives more projector lamp life. Select off to operate at the 200 Watts power level.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Every 24 hours, turn off the projector and let it stand for 1 hour
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Dell 1209S projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Save money and go green
Looking for a green alternative for the Dell 1209S projector? Try replacing only the projector lamp bulb and re-using the same plastic cage with the 311-8943 projector lamp. Watch our training video to see learn.