Step 1: Buy authentic projector lamps!
Your Epson EMP-8300 uses the Epson ELPLP23 projector lamp. It’s important to purchase the right Epson EMP-8300 projector lamp. Look for the seal of approval and avoid purchasing copycat, generic lamps for your Epson EMP- 8300 projector
6 Reasons for avoiding generic lamps:
- no safety guards to protect your eyesight.
- shorter life so end up costing more.
- prone to explosions.
- created with toxic substitutes
- not operly calibrated
- damage the sensitive and expensive electronics optics
Learn how to spot the copycat fake lamps: 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson ELP-LP23 Projector Assembly with High Quality Osram Projector Bulb
- Epson ELP-LP23 Projector Lamp Replacement. Lamp Assembly with High Quality OEM Compatible Bulb Inside
Step 2: When to replace
When the projector lamp is reaching end of life, the “REPLACE LAMP” message appears on screen. The lamp indicator on the Epson EMP-8300 projector will also start flashing orange. You may notice the image has gotten darker on screen. Replace the projectorlamp immediately when you see any of these signs.
Expected life span
Life span for your projector lamp will vary depending on how often the air filters are cleaned but also on the brightness setting:
- With continuous use at high brightness: Approx. 1900 hours
- With continuous use at low brightness: Approx. 2900 hours
Consult the About menu to see how many hours are left until the Epson ELPLP23 (V13H010L233) projector lamp reaches end of life.
Step 3: Install the Epson EMP-8300 projector lamp
Do these safety steps BEFORE installing the new Epson ELPLP23 (V13H010L233) projector lamp:
- Turn off the projector by pressing the power button.
- Wait 30 second for the cool-down period before disconnecting the power cable.
- Continue to let the Epson EMP-8300 cool down for one hour before replacing the lamp. This projector operates under high temperatures and there is danger of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
To replace the V13H010L233 projector lamp:
Remove the lamp cover on the Epson EMP-8300 projector by loosening the two keeping it in place. (The cover is at the back of the projector.) Take extra precaution if the projector is mounted on the ceiling. If you have installed the rear cover after mounting on the ceiling, you should remove that cover first.
Loosen the three screws holding the projector lamp in place (screws don’t come out the whole way).
Fold out the wire handle and pull the Epson ELPLP23 – V13H010L233 projector lamp straight out while supporting it with one hand. If replacing the lamp yourself, be careful to avoid pieces of broken glass. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP23 contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t place it into regular garbage.
Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP23 – V13H010L233 projector lamp using the wire handle while supporting it with the other. Be careful not to touch the actual glass bulb as your fingerprint will burn into a black spot when the lamp heats up. This will cause black spots on the screen.
Once the projector lamp is fully inserted, tighten three screws that will hold the lamp in place.
Replace the Epson EMP-8300 projector cover and tighten the screws holding the cover in place.
You must now reset the lamp operating timer.
Resetting the Lamp Operating Timer
The Epson EMP-8300 has a lamp timer than can accurately track the lamp life and send the Lamp replacement message when it’s time for the Epson ELPLP23 – V13H010L233 projector lamp to be replaced. Each time you replace the lamp you must reset the lamp timer. Failure to reset the lamp operating timer and you will not know when end of life is being reached. NOTE: Resetting the timer before installing a new Epson ELPLP23 – V13H010L233 projector lamp can cause serious damage to your projector.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control projector’s control panel to open the main menu.
- Use the pointer buttons on the remote control to scroll down the menu on the left and highlight the ABOUT option.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP TIMER.
- Press ENTER to bring up the Execute prompt.
- Select YES.
- Press ENTER.
- Press ESC or MENU.
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP23 projector lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-8300 projector and let it stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.