No warning messages
This projector doesn’t have any warning messages or indicator lights to let you know when the Boxlight XD-10m projector lamp is reaching end of life. Watch for faded images on screen or the a dimmed lighting coming from the projector.
Be sure to check the projector lamp life using the STATUS menu found on the MAIN MENU. You can expect up to 2000 hours of use before having to replace the projector lamp if you do regular maintenance on your Boxlight XD-10m projector. NOTE: Don’t use the lamp in the projector past it’s due date or it may overheat, stop working or explode causing the projector to shut down.
Buy authentic replacement lamps
Your Boxlight XD-10m projector uses the Boxlight XD10M-930 Projector Lamp and it’s crucial to buy authentic lamps rather than the cheaper knock off lamps being sold on popular e-commerce sites.
Although generic lamps seem like a bargain, these knock off lamps actually end up costing you money. You get what you pay for and in the case of generic lamps it’s some serious problems:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy an authentic Boxlight XD10M-930 from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- Boxlight XP60M-930 TV Lamp with Housing with 150 Days Warranty
- SpArc Bronze for Boxlight XP60M-930 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
Replacing the Boxlight XD10M-930 projector lamp
Before replacing the lamp follow these safety tips:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the Boxlight XD-10m projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the Boxlight XD-10m projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
Follow these steps to replace the projector lamp:
Step 1: Place a small flat screwdriver into the slot in the lamp access grill at the front of the projector. Slide the screwdriver towards the back to disengage the grill and then slide it away from the lens and off the projector.
Step 2: Pull the yellow tab on the projector lamp module.
Step 3: Loosen the captive screw on the projector lamp module.
Step 4: Grasp the pull tab to pull the projector lamp module out. Be sure to recycle this lamp properly. The Boxlight XD10M-930 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle it!
Step 5: Get the new projector lamp ready. Gently place it into the projector. Avoid touching the actual bulb as oil from your fingers will remain on the bulb and start to burn when the lamp heats up leaving black holes on the lamp. Pushing too hard can cause the Boxlight XD10M-930 projector lamp to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Step 6: Tighten the screw on the outside of the projector lamp module.
Step 7: Press the yellow tab to reconnect the projector lamp module.
Step 8: Line up the ribs on the lamp grill with the marks on the bottom case. Slide the lamp grill cover in the directions on the bottom case.
Step 9: Reset the lamp hour counter. (See below)
Resetting the Boxlight XD-10m projector lamp counter
- Plug in the power cord and press the Power switch to turn the projector back on.
- Go to MAIN MENU.
- Scroll down to STATUS menu.
- Press MENU/SELECT and RESET together for 10 seconds.
- This will reset the projector lamp hours to zero.
- Verify that the counter was reset by pressing MENU/SELECT and viewing the counter in the STATUS menu.
Interested in a green alternative?
This projector has the option of only replacing the actual bulb and re-using the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is great way to green your projector. This Boxlight Lamp Replacement Guide video shows how simple the switch can be.
Learn how to extend the life of the Boxlight XD10M-930 projector lamp
Check out Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.