Watch your hours
When the picture om screen becomes distorted or the color looks off, this is a warning sign that your Vivitek D326MX projector lamp is reaching end of life.
Check the lamp hours when you see the power LED flashing 5 times consecutively.
Buy the right projector lamp!
Your Vivitek D326MX projector uses the Vivitek 5811116206-S projector lamp. Be sure the purchase an authentic projector lamp and avoid the temptation of a the generic lamps with their bargain prices. There are several problems associated with generics that you want to avoid and these include
- manufactured with toxic and dangerous substitutes
- shorter lamp life
- prone to explosions
- voids your projector warranty if you install a generic.
- can’t be properly calibrated
Go with an authentic projector lamp and keep your Vivitek D326MX projector working properly.
Find this authentic lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Step 3: Replace the projector lamp
Your Vivitek D326MX projector uses the Vivitek 5811116206-S projector lamp. Before changing the projector lamp do the following safety steps:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the Vivitek D326MX projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Turn the projector around to locate the lamp cover screw.
- a) Remove the two captive screw holding the lamp cover place.
- b) Remove the lamp compartment cover
- Remove the two screws holding the Vivitek 5811116206-S in place.
- Life the module handle up.
- Remove the Vivitek 5811116206-S. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter.
- NOTE: Don’t throw the Vivitek 5811116206-S projector lamp into regular garbage! Since it contains mercury, this lamp must be properly recycled.
- Insert the new Vivitek 5811116206-S into the projector making sure it’s properly aligned.
- Tighten the two screws.
- Replace the projector lamp cover and tighten the two screws.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Lamp Hour Timer
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when the Vivitek 5811116206-S projector lamp has been replaced. Resetting the lamp timer without changing the lamp can make it work beyond its recommended hours and cause harm to your Vivitek D326MX projector.
- Press the Menu button to open the OSD menu.
- Press the cursor buttons to move to the Installation II menu.
- Cursor down to the LAMP HOUR RESET option
- Press ENTER. An on screen message appears
- Press the cursor down arrow to reset the lamp hour to zero.
- Press MENU to get back to the Installation II Menu.
Extending the life of the Vivitek 5811116206-S projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the Vivitek D326MX projector and set to Eco Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.