Replacing the BenQ PB8120 projector lamp is quick and easy. Follow this 3-step guide to a new BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp.
When it’s time to replace the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp you’ll notice a the LED light lights up read. This signals that the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp has reached end of life and has been in operation for 4000 hours.
Step 1: Buy authentic
Be sure the purchase an authentic BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp for your BenQ PB8120 projector. Although generic lamps seem like a bargain, you avoid knock-off “compatible” lamps.
You get what you pay for and in the case of generic lamps it’s usually a long list of problems:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy authentic from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product.
Step 2: Replace the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp
Before installing: Disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool for one hour before replacing the lamp. The BenQ PB8120 projector operates under high heat and can cause burns if it’s not cooled down enough.
- The lamp lid for the BenQ PB8120 is found on the bottom of the projector. Be sure to protect the top of the projector before turning it over to access the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp.
- Loosen the screw holding the BenQ PB8120 projector lamp in place.
- Remove the BenQ PB8120 projector lid and place it to one side.
- Remove the screw holding the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp in place. Be sure to dispose of the used BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Inset the new BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp all the way into the BenQ PB8120 unit.
- Tighten the screws holding the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp in place.
- Replace the lid on the BenQ PB8120. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer. NOTE: The BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost
Step 3: Resetting the lamp timer
In order for the BenQ PB8120 to correctly track the lamp life of your newly installed BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp, you’ll need to reset the projector lamp timer.
- Press the Exit button on the projector for 3 seconds to display the total used lamp time.
- Press the MENU button on the projector during the lamp hour message.
- An adjustment message will appear.
- Press the arrows to reset lamp hours to zero. Press EXIT to leave.
Extending the life of the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ PB8120 and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Alternative for the projector lamp
Interested in saving some money and making your projector more eco-friendly? Consider just replacing the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp bulb and re-using the existing lamp cage. You reduce waste and save money. Watch our video to learn more.