Consult this guide to learn which projectors are compatible with the Epson ELPLP42 lamp
Keep reading for a list of projectors that use the Epson ELPLP42 lamp and step-by-step instructions for installing new lamps. Be sure to use an authentic lamp for your projector.
6 reasons to buy authentic
“Generic and compatible” are euphemisms for a knock-off, copycat lamp that presents many problems:
- generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps
- compatible lamps are made with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts
- generics are prone to explosions
- compatible lamps cause damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- copycat manufacturers don’t offer guarantees, refunds or technical support
- installing a generic projector lamp voids your warranty.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson – ELPLP42 Replacement Projector Lamp for PowerLite 822+/822p/83+/83c V13H010L42 (DMi EA
- EPSON EMP-400WE Replacement Projector Lamp ELPLP42 / V13H010L42
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Projector Lamp for Epson ELPLP42 With Housing
- ePharos ELPLP42 / V13H010L42 replacement projector lamp compatible bulb with generic housing for Epson EB-140W; EMP-280; EMP-400; EMP-400W; EMP-400WE; EMP-410W; EMP-822 EMP-822H; EMP-83; EMP-83C; EMP83H; EMP-83HE
- Genuine ALTM ELPLP42 Lamp & Housing for EPSON Projectors – 180 Day Warranty!!
Replacement warning signs
The life span of the Epson ELPLP42 lamp ranges from approximately 3000 hours in HIGH brightness mode to about 4000 hours in LOW brightness mode.
Watch for the signs that it’s time to replace the Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp:
- the image on screen gets darker and starts to deteriorate.
- projector warning lamp flashes red and keeps flashing
- a warning message “REPLACE THE LAMP” appears on screen.
The Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp is compatible with:
Epson EB-400We, Epson EB-400W, Epson EB-410We , Epson EB-410W, Epson EMP-280, Epson EMP-410WE, Epson EMP-410W, Epson 400WE, Epson EMP-400W, Epson EMP-822, Epson EMP-822H, Epson EMP-83, Epson EMP-83H, Epson EMP-83He, Epson EX-90, Epson H281A, Epson PowerLite 400W/400WE, Epson PowerLite 410W/410WE , Epson Powerlite 822, Epson PowerLite 822+, Epson PowerLite 822p, Epson PowerLite 83V+, Epson PowerLite 83, Epson Powerlite 83+, Epson PowerLite 83C
For step-by-step instructions on replacing your Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp, click on your projector listed below:
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp for the Epson EX-90 projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp for the Epson H281A projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp for the Epson PowerLite 400W/400WE projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp for the Epson PowerLite 410W/410WE projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp for the Epson Powerlite 822 projector.
Click here for step-by-step instruction on how to change the Epson ELPLP42 projector lamp for the Epson PowerLite 822+ projector.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP42 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP42 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life