Follow this handy guide in order to replace Epson EX-90 projector lamp
Replace the Epson EX-90 in three easy steps.
End of life warning signs
Watch for the signs that the Epson EX-90 projector lamp needs to be replaced:
- Dark image
- Image that has deteriorated
- On warning message appears on screen
- Lamp light flashes orange
Why buy an authentic lamp?
The Internet has been flooded with companies offering “generic” compatible lamps. Although they seem like a bargain, these lamps are actually not good for your Epson EX-90 projector lamp:
- generic have a much shorter lamp life than OEM lamps
- copycat lamps are often created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- compatible lamps are prone to explosions
- generic lamps are not calibrated properly and can the sensitive electronics in projectors
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Epson EX-90 projector will become void.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson – ELPLP42 Replacement Projector Lamp for PowerLite 822+/822p/83+/83c V13H010L42 (DMi EA
- EPSON EMP-400WE Replacement Projector Lamp ELPLP42 / V13H010L42
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Projector Lamp for Epson ELPLP42 With Housing
- ePharos ELPLP42 / V13H010L42 replacement projector lamp compatible bulb with generic housing for Epson EB-140W; EMP-280; EMP-400; EMP-400W; EMP-400WE; EMP-410W; EMP-822 EMP-822H; EMP-83; EMP-83C; EMP83H; EMP-83HE
- Genuine ALTM ELPLP42 Lamp & Housing for EPSON Projectors – 180 Day Warranty!!
Install the Epson Epson EX-90 projector lamp
- Turn off power switch on the back of the Epson EX-90 projector.
- After you turn off the projector’s power and the confirmation buzzer beeps twice, disconnect the power cable
- Allow the Epson EX-90 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
1. The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson EX-90 projector. Loosen theEpson EX-90 projector lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
2. Slide the Epson EX-90 projector lamp cover off.
3. Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP42 lamp in place.
4. Grab the Epson ELPLP42 lamp by the two indents on the lamp. Gently remove the lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP42 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
5. Gently insert the Epson ELPLP42 lamp making sure it’s facing the right way.
NOTE: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
6. Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP42 lamp.
7. Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson EX-90 projector lamp cover.
8. Reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer on the Epson EX-90 projector
Reset the Epson EX-90 projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP42 lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET. Press ENTER.
- Click on RESET ALL.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to replace the lamp.
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP42 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP42 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EX-90 projector projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life