When it’s time to replace the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp in your BenQ PB7230 just follow our step-by-step guide for an easy installation.
When to replace
You can expect up to 3000 hours with projector lamp before you need to replace the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamps.
Watch for these warning messages that the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp is approaching end of life:
- The picture looks faded on screen.
- The Lamp Indicator blinks red.
- Warning Messages about the lamp appear on screen.
When it’s time to replace the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp in your BenQ PB7230 projector the LED on the projector will light red and reminder messages will appear on screen.
Buying an authentic BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp will guarantee the best lamp to keep your BenQ PB7230 projector working properly
OEM lamps are far superior to generic lamps currently sold at discount prices on the Internet.
At first glance generic compatible lamps seem like an incredible bargain. But when you factor in their shorter life spans and poor illumination along with other problems, these lamps actually end up costing more in the long run. These are NOT authentic lamps and should be avoided for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds – you’re on your own to get a refund from the company when you buy from non-authorized dealers.
Buy authentic and avoid problems.
How to replace the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp
Note: These instructions are also compatible for the BenQ PB7000, BenQ PB7105, BenQ PB7205, BenQ PB7225, BenQ PE8250 projectors.
Before installing: Disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool for one hour before replacing the lamp. The BenQ PB7230 projector operates under high heat and can cause burns if it’s not cooled down enough.
- The lamp lid for the BenQ PB7230 is found on the bottom of the projector. Be sure to protect the top of the projector before turning it over to access the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp.
- Loosen the screw holding the BenQ PB7230 lamp cover in place. Using a magnetic screwdriver will make removal easier and guarantee you won’t lose any of the screws.
- Remove the BenQ PB7230 projector lid and place it to one side.
- Keep the screws altogether.
- Remove the screw holding the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp in out of the projector. Be sure to dispose of the used BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Inset the new BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp all the way into the BenQ PB7230 projector.
- Tighten the screws holding the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp in place.
- Replace the lid on the BenQ PB7230. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
NOTE: The BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps!
Resetting the lamp timer
In order for the BenQ PB7230 to correctly track the lamp life of your newly installed BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp, you’ll need to reset the lamp timer.
- Press the Exit button on the projector for 3 seconds to display the total used lamp time.
- Press the MENU button on the projector during the lamp hour message.
- An adjustment message will appear.
- Press the arrows to reset lamp hours to zero. Press EXIT to leave.
Extending the life of the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 lamp
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ PB7230 and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.