Follow our quick installation guide for a replacing the BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 projector lamp in the BenQ PB7100 projector.
When the BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp reaches end of life and it’s time to replace the lamp, the BenQ PB7100 projector’s LED indicator on the projector will light red and reminder messages about lamp replacement will begin appearing on screen.
Step 1: Buy authentic
You can except up to 2000 hours of lamp life from a newly installed BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp — BUT only it you buy authentic OEM lamps. These lamps are superior to generic “compatible” lamps currently sold at discount prices on the Internet.
At first glance generic compatible lamps seem like an incredible bargain. But when you factor in their shorter life spans and poor illumination along with other problems, these lamps actually end up costing more in the long run. These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. Using a counterfeit generic lamp will also void any warranty for your BenQ PB8220 projector.
Protect yourself and Learn 7 Tips for spotting counterfeit lamps.
Step 2: Replace the BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp
Note: These instructions are also compatible for the BenQ PB7000, BenQ PB7105, BenQ PB7205, BenQ PB7225, and BenQ PE8250 projectors.
Before installing: Disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool for one hour before replacing the lamp. The BenQ PB7100 projector operates under high heat and can cause burns if it’s not cooled down enough.
- The BenQ PB7100 lamp lid is on the bottom of the projector. Be sure to protect the top of the projector before turning it over to access the BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp.
- Loosen the screw holding the BenQ PB7100 lamp cover in place.
- Remove the BenQ PB7100 projector lid and place it to one side.
- Remove the screw holding the BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp in out of the projector. Be sure to dispose of the used BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Inset the new BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp all the way into the BenQ PB7100 unit.
- Tighten the screws holding the BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp in place.
- Replace the lid on the BenQ PB7100. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
NOTE: The BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps!
Step 3: Resetting the lamp timer
In order for the BenQ PB7100 to correctly track the lamp life of your newly installed BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp, you’ll need to reset the lamp timer.
- Press the Exit button on the BenQ PB7100 projector for 3 seconds to display the total used lamp time.
- Press the MENU button on the projector during the lamp hour message.
- An adjustment message will appear.
- Press the arrows to reset lamp hours to zero. Press EXIT to leave.
Extending the life of the BenQ 60.J5016.CB1 lamp
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ PB7100 and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Greening your projector
Green your projector by replacing just the bulb and re-using the plastic cage in the BenQ PB7100 projector. Watch our training video to learn more.