A screen that is gradually becoming dimmer is also an indication that the lamp is nearing its end of life.
You’ll also see the warning message on screen: “The lamp is approaching the end of its useful life. Replacement is suggested.
Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper counterfeit model as this can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your projector. When you purchase an authentic projector lamp, you’re guaranteed a lamp that has been manufactured with high quality parts and one that won’t damage the sensitive mechanisms in your PDG-DSU21/PDG-DSU21N/DSU21E/DSU21B projector.
Your lamp number is Sanyo POA-LMP118 (service part no 610 337 176411).
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPLACING THE Sanyo POA-LMP118 (service part no 610 337 176411) LAMP
NOTE: These instructions are also good for the Sanyo PDG-DSU21N/DSU21E/DSU21B projectors.
Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. These machines operate under high temperatures and there is a BURN DANGER unless you allow it TO COOL.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PDG-DSU21 lamp is located at the top of the projector. Locate the screw holding the lamp cover in place, found on the right side of the projector, alongside the ventilation holes.
- Remove the two screws on either side of each the Sanyo POA-LMP118 (service part no 610 337 176411) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP118 (service part no 610 337 176411) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
- Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The Sanyo POA-LMP118 (610 337 176411)lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
- Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
- Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PDG-DSU21 lamp projector. If the lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the lamp hour using the Setting menu.
- Your old Sanyo POA-LMP118 (service part no 610 337 176411)lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage
Resetting Sanyo PDG-DSU21 Lamp Replacement Counter
CAUTION: Don’t operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accident. Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP118 (service part no 610 337 176411) has been replaced.
- Turn the Sanyo PDG-DSU20 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to Setting Menu icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter is reset, the Lamp Indicator will stop blinking and the on screen warning will disappear.
You can prolong the life of your Sanyo POA-LMP118 (service part no 610 337 176411) by regular cleaning of the air filer to prevent dust build-up.