Follow this guide to install a replacement ASK M3 projector lamp
TheASK M3 projector lamps lasts between 1500 to 2000 hours depending on usage and regular maintenance. As the lamp approaches its end of life, the LED Alarm indicator located beside the power button will light red. A “Change Lamp” message will also appear on screen indicating that the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 should be replaced immediately.
Follow our easy 3-step installation guide.
STEP 1: Buying the right lamp
It’s crucial to install the proper type of ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp. Avoid buying generic knock-offs or lamps advertised as “compatible.” Go with an authentic ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 OEM lamp sold by a dependable seller. Using a counterfeit generic lamp may result in poor illumination as well as malfunction of the sensitive components in your projector.
Counterfeit lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. Installing a generic lamp compromises the your health but also voids any warranty for your ASK M3 projector. Protect yourself and go with an authentic ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- SpArc Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-033 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- SpArc Bronze for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-033 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-033 With Housing (Powered by Philips)
STEP 2: Installing the lamp
1. Disconnect the power cord before opening the ASK M3 lamp lid. The projector should be cool to the touch before changing the lamp. These projectors work under high temperatures and you can burn yourself if the projector has not cooled down for at least one hour for installation.
2. On the ASK M3 projector, the lamp cover is part of the full lamp cage. Unscrew the 3 screws holding the lamp cover in place. Insert the flat end of the screw driver into the tab on the cover and pop the lid off.
3. Carefully lift the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 out of the projector. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program.
The ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4. Carefully insert the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp all the way into the ASK M3 projector. Avoid touching the bare lamp as this may cause it to break. The oil on your fingers will also heat up and cause a black spot to appear on the lamp reducing the quality of the picture.
5. Tighten the three screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp in place.
6. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
STEP 3: Resetting the Lamp Timer
It’s important to reset the lamp timer of the ASK M3 in order to properly track lamp life. Failure to reset the timer may result in the projector not knowing when the lamp is finished and shutting down suddenly.
- Open the MENU system.
- Scroll down to OPTIONS. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to SERVICE. Press ENTER.
- Click on LAMP TIMER RESET.
- Click on YES.
Longer life for the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033
Extend the life of the lamp by more than 1,000 hours by changing the brightness of the screen.
- Auto mode: Brightness according to the input signal.
- Normal mode: Normal brightness and standard setting
- Silent mode: Lowers brightness to reduce the power consumed by the lamp and extending lamp life.
Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Looking for a less expensive but more environmentally friendly option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing just the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.