Protect your investment and buy an authentic projector lamp. Avoid the temptation to purchase a cheaper version of the POALMP106 as these are often counterfeit models with less durable parts that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your PLC-XU84/PLC-XU87 projector.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR LAMP REPLACEMENT
Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XU84/PLC-XU87 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP106 lamp
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. Underneath the Sanyo PLC-XU84/PLC-XU87 projector you’ll find the Lamp Hazard cover. Gently turn it upside down protecting the top of the project.Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of each the Sanyo POA-LMP106 (service part no 610 332 3855) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently the lamp. Place to one side.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP106 (610-332-3855) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
4. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
5. Replace the Lamp Hazard Cover and tighten screws.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU84/PLC-XU87 projector.
Resetting the Lamp Replacement counter on the Sanyo PLC-XU84/PLC-XU87 Projector
Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP106 (service part no 610 332 3855) lamp has been replaced.
Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU84/PLC-XU87 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
Cleaning the air filter regularly will prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP106 (service part no 610 332 3855) lamp.
For additional savings and an enviro-friendly option, you can just replace the Sanyo POA-LMP106 bulb and re-use the lamp cage. Learn how in our video guide: Sanyo POA-LMP106 replacement lamp housing guide.