Follow our guide for installing a new Epson Z11005NL projector lamp
When it’s time to replace the Epson Z11005NL projector lamp, you’ll notice the following warning signs:
- The power light is flashing blue and the Lamp 1 or Lamp 2 light is flashing orange
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorates.
Find this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Epson V13H010L83 projection lamp
Keep your projector working
A genuine projector lamp is the only lamp that will keep your Epson PZ11005NL projector lamp working at its optimum levels. An OEM authentic lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson Z11005NL projector.
Counterfeit projector lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson Z11005NL projector and actually have a much shorter lamp life. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials used during their production.
Look for the seal of approval and buy from an authentic manufacturer. Learn how to protect yourself from counterfeit manufacturers.
Installing Epson projector lamp
1. Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
2. Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson Z11005NL projector lamp projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
NOTE: Do not operate the projector while the projector lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Remove the lamp cover.
This projector uses two lamps and they may both need to be replaced at the same time. Pull up the lock lever for the lamp you want to replace and pull the lamp straight out of the projector.
Gently pull the projector lamp out of the Epson Z11005NL projector. Don’t knock the actual bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP81 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Please recycle this lamp.
Slowly insert the Epson ELPLP81 projector lamp until it clicks into place. Be sure not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your skin will case blackouts.
Close the lamp cover. Slide the lamp cover to the right until it clicks, and slide the lamp cover latch to the Close position.
Resetting the lamp timer
The projector lamp timer will need to be reset after replacing the Epson ELPLP81. This timer helps the Epson PowerLite Z11005NL projector lamp proiector to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the timer when a new Epson ELPLP81 projector lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Turn on the projector.
- The lamp replace message will appear automatically.
- It will ask if you want to reset the lamp.
- Select YES. Press ENTER.
- Click on RESET ALL.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero. The lamp usage timer shows 0H until you’ve used the lamp for at least 10 hours.
How to extend the life of the Epson Z11005NL lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson Z11005NL projector lamp projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.