Follow this guide to replace the Vivitek D965 projector lamp.
Go with authentic
When it’s time for a new Vivitek D965 projector lamp, the best investment you can make is to buy an authentic projector lamp. An authentic OEM lamp is gauranteed to keep your Vivitek D965 working at its best. Knock-off counterfeit lamps have a shorter lamp life and have been created with toxic substitutes and are prone to explosions that s often damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors. Invest in authentic.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by this authorized dealer:
- Replacement Lamp with Housing for VIVITEK5811116701-S with Philips Bulb Inside
- Vivitek 1000055-A Assembly Lamp with Projector Bulb Inside
- Vivitek 1000055-A Projector Housing with Genuine Original OEM Bulb
Replacing the projector lamp
When you notice the Power LED flashing 5 times consecutively, your projector lamp is reaching its end of life and needs to be replaced immediately. The Vivitek D965 projector uses the Vivitek 5811116701-SVV projector lamp. Before changing the Vivitek D965 projector lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the Vivitek D965 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Loosen the captive screw holding the lamp cover in place.
- Slide the lamp cover off and place it to one side.
- Remove the tw0 screws holding the Vivitek 5811116701-SVV projector lamp in place.
- Remove the two captive screws holding the lamp cover place.
- Remove the lamp cover and place it to one side.
- Remove the three screws holding the Vivitek 5811116701-SVV projector lamp in place.
- Click up the wire handle and gently pull out the Vivitek 5811116701-SVV projector lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the projector bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- Take the new Vivitek 5811116701-SVV projector lamp out of its packaging. Lift up the wire handle and gently guide it into the Vivitek D95 projector.
- Take care not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers can leave a smudge that will burn into a black spot when the projector heats up.
- Tighten the lamp screw.
- Re-install the Vivitek D965 projector lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Reset the total lamp hour timer.
Resetting the Vivitek D965 Lamp Hour Timer
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when the Vivitek 5811116701-SVV(5811100760S) projector lamp has been replaced.
Resetting the projector lamp timer without changing the lamp can make it work beyond its recommended hours and cause harm to your Vivitek D965 projector.
- Press the Menu button to open the OSD menu.
- Press left/right arrow keys to move to the Advanced menu.
- Press up/down arrows to move to the Lamp menu.
- Press Enter.
- Using the or up/down arrow keys to move down to the Reset Lamp Timer menu.
- Press Enter.
- A message will appear saying the Lamp Hour has been reset to zero.
- Press the Menu button to return to the main menu.
Extending the life of the projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the Vivitek D965 projector and set to Eco Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend projector lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.