Follow this step-by-step installation guide for installing a new Optoma W501 projector lamp
With so many choices, it can be confusing finding the the correct Optoma W501 projector lamp. It’s easy to get duped into buying counterfeit projector lamp posing. Always look for the seal of approval and watch for telltale signs you are about to purchase a counterfeit lamp:
- low price that seems too good to be true.
- labelling that looks amateurish
- Mismatched elements, glue on the edges.
- Bulb that is scratched inside its cage
See below for more reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- OPTOMA TECHNOLOGY BL-FU310B UHP 310W Lamp
- Optoma BL-FU310B Projector Housing with Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb
- Optoma Projector Lamp BL-FU310B by Optoma
Installing the projector lamp
The Optoma W501 uses the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp. Before replacing the projector lamp, follow these safety precautions
- Turn off the Optoma W501 projector
- Unplug the power cord
- Allow the Optoma W501 projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch to prevent to getting burned.
- Open the top cover, by sliding the top cover forward, and lifting the top cover off.
- Remove the screw on the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp cover and then open it up.
- Loosen the screws from the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp
- Raise the handle and pull out the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp. NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
- Insert the new Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp into the projector and tighten the screws.
- Replace the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Align the top cover and slide it towards the back to lock in place.
- Turn on the projector. If the lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try reinstalling the lamp
Reset the Optoma W501 lamp timer
Your Optoma W501 comes equipped with an automatic lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left on the projector lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer.
- Press the Menu button to open the menu.
- Scroll down to the OPTIONS menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Reset menu. Press ENTER.
- Choose the LAMP RESET option to set the timer back to zero.
Longer lamp life
You can extend the Optoma W501 projector lamp life by adjusting the lamp mode.
- Bright: increases the brightness.
- Dynamic: dims lamp power so it’s based on brightness level of the content. Adjust lamp power consumption between 100% and 30% dynamically to extend projector lamp life.
- Eco+: Dims the lamp powerbe based on brightness level of the content. Lamp power consumption is adjusting between 80% and 30% dynamically to extend projector lamp life.
- Learn the TOP Tips for extending the lamp life in your Optoma W501 projector lamp projector.