Step 1: Invest in an OEM replacement lamp
Your Epson EB- 826WH needs an authentic lamp in order to work at it’s optimum levels. While buying counterfeit may seem like a bargain, their poor performance and poor quality actually make them more costly in the long run. Not only can they damage the sensitive electronics in your projector. counterfeits have a shorter lamp life and are prone to explosions. They can damage your eyesight as well as exposing you carcinogenic materials. Invest in an authentic Epson EB- 826WH projector lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- ELPLP50 Epson Projector Lamp Replacement. Epson ELP-LP50 Projector Lamp with High Quality 200 Watt UHE Osram Bulb Inside
- Premium ELPLP50 / V13H010L50 Projection Lamp With Housing For EPSON Projector EB-824, EB-824H, EB-825, EB-825H, EB-825V, EB-825VH, EB-826W, EB-826WH, EB-826WV, EB-826WVH, EB-84, EB-84H, EB-84He, EB-84,L EB-85, EB-85H, EB-85V, EB-85VH, PowerLite 825, PowerLite 825+, PowerLite 826W, PowerLite 826W+
- Lutema for Epson ELPLP50 Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp – Osram Inside
Projector Lamp ELPLP50/V13H010L50 w/Housing For EPSON Projectors and 1-Year Replacement Warranty
- G-lamps ELPLP50 / V13H010L50 Replacement Lamp with Housing for EPSON PowerLite 825/825+/826W/826W+/84/84+/85/85+
Step 2: Watching for end of life
When the image gets dark or starts to deteriorate or when the projector lamp warning light starts flashing, followed by a Replace the lamp message on screen, it’s time to install a Epson ELPLP50 replacement projector lamp
Step 3: Installing the projector lamp replacement
- After turning off the power button on the Epson EB-826WH projector off wait for the light to stop flashing.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the Epson EB-826WH projector to cool down before replacing the projector lamp. It should be cool to the touch so you don’t run the risk of burning yourself.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson EB-826WH projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
- Slide the Epson EB-826WH projector lamp cover off.
- Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp in place.
Grab the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp by the side indents. Gently pull the lamp out. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should this happen. Caution: Don’t touch the actual bulb with your fingers since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Gently insert the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp making sure it’s facing the right way.
Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the EB-824H projector lamp cover.
Reset the Epson EB-824H projector lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
Reset the Epson EB-826WH projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to RESET LAMP HOURS?
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EB-826WH projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.