Be prepared with an authentic projector lamp
Counterfeit “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain–however a counterfeit Acer X1130PA projector lamp is actually not that great a bargain. These are NOT authentic. You should avoid any counterfeit lamp lamps or the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds when you buy from a reseller
The few dollars you save with counterfeit “compatible” lamps is not worth it in the long run. Save yourself unnecessary headaches — buy a Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Acer EC.J9000.001 Projector Brand New High Quality Original Projector Bulb
- EC.J9000.001 Acer X1230S Projector Lamp
- EC.J9000.001 Acer X1230K Projector Lamp
End of life
The projector will detect the lamp life for the Acer X1130PA projector lamp and show the warning message: Lamp is approaching the end of its useful life in full power operation. Replacement Suggested!”
Replacing the Acer X1130PA projector lamp
The Acer X1130PA projector uses the Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp. Before installation follow these important safety steps:
- Turn off the Acer X1130PA projector and unplug the AC cord.
- These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough. Allow the Acer X1130 to cool for one hour. It should be cool to the touch.
1. Remove the two screws from the cover. Lift the cover off the projector and place it to one side.
2. Remove the two screws holding the Acer X1130PA projector lamp in place. screw from the cover.
3. Lift the wire handle on the Acer EC.J9000.001 bulb and gently pull the lamp up to remove it.
Don’t throw the old Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury — send it to a local recycling program.
4. Take the new Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp projector lamp using the wire handle. Avoid touching the bare bulb; the oil on your finger can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image. Tighten the screws on the new Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp.
Put the lid back onto the projector. Tighten the screw holding the lid in place. Plug the AC cables back into the projector. Turn the project on so you can reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
It’s important to always reset the lamp timer after replacing the projector lamp in your Acer X1130PA projector. You want the projector to track how many hours the lamp has been used and send out warning messages when the Acer EC.J9000.001 reaches end of life.
To reset the Projector Lamp timer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the MANAGEMENT menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Hour reset option.
- Press the right arrow.
- The lamp will be reset to zero.
Extending the projector lamp life
- Use the Eco Mode for more lamp hours.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Acer X1130PA projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
A green alternative
The Acer X1130PA projector has the option of also just replacing the actual bulb and re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector.
Watch our training video to learn more.