Changing your Optoma HD600X-LV projector lamp doesn’t have to become a complicated D.I. Y. project. Our guide breaks it down for you.
Spot the counterfeit
Be sure to purchase an authentic Optoma HD600X-LV projector lamp. Why complicate life using a generic lamp and having to deal with their many problems? Six main problems include:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Purchase your Optoma HD600X-LV projector lamp ahead of time and be prepared. The Optoma HD600X-LV projector uses the Optoma BL-FU185A projector lamp.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- Optoma BL-FU185A, UHP, 185W Projector Lamp Optoma BL-FU185A Projector lamp – UHP – 185 Watt – for Optoma DS316, ES526, EW536, EX536, Pro350, TS526, TW536, TX536, Home Theater Series HD66
- BL-FU185A Optoma Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb Inside.
- Optoma BL-FU185A Replacement Lamp for TS526/PRO150S/DS316/TX536/PRO250X/DX619 Projectors
- Optoma 00185 – BL-FU185A Projector Light Bulb
End of life warning signs
When the Optoma HD600X-LV projector is approaching end of life, you’ll notice the Lamp-LED light flashing red and poor resolution on the screen. As the projector lamp get closer to end of life, the projector lamp replacement message will start flashing on screen. CIf you hear a loud pop when turning on the projector, the Optoma BL-FU185A projector lamp has broken. Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.hange your proejctor lamp immediately. The projector will not work if the lamp has burnt out or broken.
Before replacing the Optoma BL-FU185A projector lamp follow these important safety tips:
- Switch off the power to the HD600X-LV projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
1. Use a screwdriver to undo the two screws holding the lamp cover in place. The screws on the lamp cover and the lamp cannot be removed.
2. Remove the lid and place to one side. Don’t lose the lid as the Optoma HD600X-LV projector will not turn back on until the lamp cover has been properly installed.
3. Remove the two screws holding the Optoma BL-FU185A in place.
Note: The used Optoma BL-FU185A projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
4. Lift up the wire handle on the Optoma BL-FU185A projector lamp and slowly remove it from the projector. Be careful not to bang the projector lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn how to clean up a broken projector lamp.
5. Remove the new Optoma BL-FU185A projector lamps from its packaging. Without touching the actual bulb, lift up the handle on the new lamp and gently insert.
6. Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
7. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws. You are now ready to reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the Lamp Replacement Timer
The Optoma HD600X-LX projector has an automatic lamp timer that tracks the numbers of hours left in the lamp. If you don’t reset the lamp replacement timer you run the risk of the lamp being used beyond its recommended life and possibly exploding in the projector.
To reset the Lamp Replacement Timer:
- Turn on the projector.
- Using the remote press MENU
- Select OPTIONS
- Select LAMP SETTINGS
- Select LAMP RESET
- Select YES.
- Press MENU to exit.
Tips for extending Optoma BL-FU185A lamp life:
- Chose the “STD” mode to to dim the projector lamp and lower power consumption. This will extend the lamp life by up to 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Every 24 hours, turn off the projector and let it stand for 1 hour
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Optoma HD600X-LV projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Green your Optoma HD600X-LV projector
The Optoma HD600X-LV projector has the option of re-using the existing lamp cage and replacing only the actual bulb. A great way to reduce and recycle. Watch our Optoma BL-FU185A training video to learn more.