Why buy authentic lamps?
There are lots of choices out there on the Internet. Since selling online has few regulations, it’s easy to get duped into buying an inferior knock-off lamp posing as an authentic Optoma EP715 projector lamp.
The tell tale sign is a price that seems too good to be true. These counterfeit manufacturers will advertise their lamp as “compatible.” However, it’s anything but compatible. Scroll down to learn more about why you should avoid generic lamps.
When to replace
When the Optoma BL-FU150A (SP.82902.001) lamp has 30 hours of lamp life left, the projector will flash a flash replacement message on screen. Replace the Optoma BL-FU150A (SP.82902.001) lamp immediately.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Replace the Optoma BL-FU150A lamp
- Switch off the power to the Optoma EP715 projector.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes or until it is cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.Disconnect the power cord.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the screw holding the cover in place.
Remove the cover from the Optoma EP715 projector.
On the left side of the lamp module, push the electrical connector up to disengage it from the projector base.
NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU150A lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
- Loosen the three screw holding the Optoma BL-FU150A lamp into the Optoma EP715.
- Remove the three screws from the lamp module.
- Pull out the lamp manually.
- Gently slide in the new BL-FU150A lamps. Take care not to touch the actual bulb as this may cause black spots to appear when the oil from your fingerprint heats up.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamp timing on the Optoma EP715
- Press the Menu option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll over the Lamp Setting. Press enter.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Enter
- The Execute/Cancel command line will appear.
- Scroll over to choose Execute. Press Enter.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Turn on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
Why avoid generics:
- generic lamps have a much shorter life so are actually more expensive in the long run
- Krypton-85 and other toxic chemicals are used to create counterfeit lamps
- compatible lamps are more prone to overheat and explode
- copycat manufacturers don’t know how to properly calibrate their lamps to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Optoma EP715 projector will become void.
Learn how to spot the copycat fake lamps with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.