Replace the ASK Proxima M1 projector lamp in three easy steps using this guide
When the LED light is blinking red, it’s time to replace the ASK Proxima M1 projector lamp. You’ll also see a “Change Lamp” message appear on screen when there is 50 hours left of lamp life. The message will continue to appear on screen until the ASK Proxima M1 projector lamp has been changed.
You can also track the lamp hours used by checking the ABOUT menu option on the MAIN menu.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Lutema Economy for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 TV Lamp (Bulb Only)
Lutema Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-013 Projector Lamp (Original Philips Bulb)
Original Philips Projector Lamp Replacement for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 (Bulb Only)
The first step to replacing the ASK Proxima M1 projector lamp is to buy the correct lamp. You need to pircAvoid the cheaper counterfeit lamps as they are made with inferior parts that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your projector. These copy-cat lamps also give poor illumination and are made with highly toxic materials that are dangerous to your health. Installing a “compatible” lamp also voids your warranty and since these lamps are prone to exploding from overheating, you run the risk of not having any recourse should your projector be damaged. Go with authentic and protect your health as well as the health of your projector. Read more about spotting counterfeit lamps.
Installing the lamp
Before installation: Make sure the ASK Proxima M1 projector is turned off and the power cable disconnected. The projector should be cool to the touch before you open anything. The ASK Proxima M1 projector operates under high heat and you can suffer serious burns if you don’t allow it to cool down properly.
- Turn the ASK Proxima M1 projector upside down. Loosen the two screws on the lamp door.
- Using the tip of the screwdriver, pry the door open straight up. This will disengage the power interrupt connection located on the underside of the door. Be sure to pry the door straight up and not at an angle as this can damage the power interrupt connector.
The projector will not turn on when the lamp door is removed.
- Pinch the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-013 lamp cable connector to release the catch while pulling on the connector.
- Carefully remove the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-013 lamp module. The lens also has a tab that connects into the slot in the bottom of the lamp cavity.
- Pull upward with enough force to disconnect the tab from the slot.
- Take the new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-013 lamp and slide it straight down over the cavity, aligning the tab with the slot. Press to connect the tab to the slot.
- Relatch the pull tab but pressing down on the lamp module until it clicks into place.
- Replug the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-013 lamp cable.
- Align the connector on the back of the door with the projector. Replace the two screws on the lamp door.
- Plug in the power cable and press the power button to turn the projector back on.
- You are ready to reset the lamp hour timer.
Reset the Lamp Hour Timer
There are two way to reset the lamp hour timer.
Option 1: Directly on the ASK Proxima M1 projector
With the projector turned off, press the two Volume buttons on the projectors keypad simultaneously for 10 seconds.
The LED will turn green and you can power on the projector.
Option 2: Through the menu setting
- Turn on the ASK Proxima M1 projector.
- Press the MENU Button.
- Scroll down to the SETTING menu. Press SELECT.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu. Press SELECT.
- Scroll down to LAMP RESET. Press SELECT.
- The lamp hour will be reset to zero.
Prolong the lamp life by selecting the Long Life Lamp Mode. This will also minimize fan noise.
Learn more with Top tips for extending projector lamp life.