When the Optoma EP610H projector lamp is reaching its end of life, you will see the Lamp Replacement message. You have 30 hours or less before the projector shuts down. Be sure to buy an authentic an Optoma BL-FU150A lamp for the Optoma EP610H projector.
Replace the Optoma BL-FU150A lamp
NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU150A lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost. Generic manufacturers don’t recycle.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- Switch off the power to the Optoma EP610H projector.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes or until it is cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Gently turn the Optoma EP610H projector onto its side
- Loosen the two screws holding the lamp cover in place/
- Remove the lamp cover from the Optoma EP610H projector.
- Loosen the three screw holding the Optoma BL-FU150A (SP.81218.001) EP610H.
- Light up the wire handle and gently pull out the used lamp.
- NOTE: The BL-FU150A contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
- Take the new Optoma BL-FU150A lamp out of its packaging.
- Open the wire handle and gently insert the lamp into the projector
- Take care not to touch the actual lamp or you can leave fingerprints that will burn black spots on the lamp when the projector starts again.
- Don’t bang the lamp as you may break it. Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamp timing on the Optoma EP610H
- Press the Menu option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll over the Lamp Reset. Press enter.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Enter
- The Execute/Cancel command line will appear.
- Scroll over to choose Execute. Press Enter.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Why buy authentic lamps?
There are lots of choices out there on the Internet. Since selling online has few regulations, it’s easy to get duped into buying an inferior knock-off lamp posing as an authentic Optoma EP610H.
The tell tale sign is a price that seems too good to be true. These counterfeit manufacturers will advertise their lamp as “compatible.” However, it’s anything but compatible.
Why avoid generics:
- generic lamps have a much shorter life so are actually more expensive in the long run
- Krypton-85 and other toxic chemicals are used to create counterfeit lamps
- compatible lamps are more prone to overheat and explode
- copycat manufacturers don’t know how to properly calibrate their lamps to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Optoma EP610H projector will become void.
Learn how to spot the copycat fake lamps with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.