Install a new Optoma EP7475 projector lamp
Replacing the Optoma EP7475 projector lamp doesn’t have to be time consuming or difficult. This quick guide will help you install a new Optoma BL-FP230A lamp in less than 15 minutes.
When the Optoma EP7475 projector lamp lamp is reaching end of life, the Lamp Replacement message will appear on screen. You should prepare to change the lamp as you 30 hours or less Fbefore the projector shuts down.
Be prepared, buy authentic
Be sure to buy an authentic an Optoma BL-FP230A lamp for the Optoma EP7475 projector. Scroll down for the 6 reasons to avoid generics.
Find this lamp on Amazon from these authorize dealers:
- Optoma BL-FP230A LCD Projector Brand New High Quality Original Projector Bulb
- Optoma BL-FP230A, P-VIP, 230W Projector Lamp (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Follow these safety steps before installing the new Optoma BL-FP230A lamp:
- Switch off the power to the Optoma EP7475 projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
Using a screwdriver, remove the screws holding the cover in place.
Push the cover up to remove.
Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the lamp module in place.
Slowly put out the old lamp by grabbing the edge of the lamp. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.
Note: The used Optoma BL-FP230A lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
Place the new BL-FP230A into the Optoma EP7475 projector. Tighten the two screws on the lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamp timing on the Optoma EP7475
The Optoma EP7474 projector has an automatic lamp reset timer that tracks the life of the lamp and triggers the lamp replacement warning. You need to reset the timer each time the lamp is replaced.
- Press the Menu option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll over the Lamp Setting. Press enter.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Enter
- The Execute/Cancel command line will appear.
- Scroll over to choose Execute. Press Enter.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Extend the life of the Optoma BL-FP230A (SP.83R01G001) lamp by:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Optoma EP7475 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
6 reason to avoid generics:
- generic lamps have a much shorter life so are actually more expensive in the long run
- Krypton-85 and other toxic chemicals are used to create counterfeit lamps
- compatible lamps are more prone to overheat and explode
- copycat manufacturers don’t know how to properly calibrate their lamps to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Optoma EP7475 projector will become void.
Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.